Ryan Spiegel > Thompson Hine LLP > Washington DC, United States > Lawyer Profile
Thompson Hine LLP Offices
1919 M STREET NW
WASHINGTON, DC 20036-3537
- Go to...
Ryan is a partner in the firm’s Government Contracts practice group. His practice focuses on regulatory compliance guidance, business counseling, and dispute resolution for clients operating in the complex realm of government procurement. He also handles commercial and civil litigation matters and serves a wide range of industries. Leveraging his extensive knowledge of government contracts litigation, Ryan provides counsel on bid protests, trade secrets, the False Claims Act, and various contract disputes in addition to business torts. He often advises contractors on negotiating agreements, responding to government investigations, organizing their corporate structure, and obtaining set-aside statuses for small and disadvantaged businesses. Ryan’s deep experience with contract law, government procurement, trademark law, and corporate law affords him the keen insight to address potential issues of concern and propose creative approaches to advancing his clients’ interests.
- Stanford University, J.D., 2003, president, Law & Policy Review
- University of Maryland, B.A., 2000, magna cum laude
The Washington DC-based team at Thompson Hine LLP continues to support and advise clients throughout the public procurement process. Strong in the life sciences sector, the group is also strong in the telecoms, intelligence, professional services, construction, and logistics industries. The team is under the new leadership of Francis Purcell, who specializes in federal contract and grand performance issues. Thomas Mason is also a key member of the practice, with extensive trial and appellate litigation experience across both commercial and government contracts litigation. The team also expanded with the addition of Ryan Spiegel from Paley Rothman, and Jessica Haire from VH Law. Haire has extensive expertise in advising clients on construction projects across the full spectrum of contract issues. Spiegel’s addition bolsters the team’s business counselling, regulatory compliance, and litigation offering.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Industry focus > Transport: rail and road - litigation and regulation
- Real estate > Construction (including construction litigation)
- Government > Government contracts
- Industry focus > Transport: shipping - litigation and regulation
- Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design
- Investment fund formation and management > Mutual/registered/exchange-traded funds
- Real estate > Real estate
- Industry focus > Sport
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense