Daniel Haymond > Thompson Hine LLP > Cleveland, United States > Lawyer Profile
Thompson Hine LLP Offices
3900 KEY CENTER, 127 PUBLIC SQUARE
CLEVELAND, OH 44114-1291
- Go to...
Dan is a partner in the firm’s Construction practice group who focuses on the litigation of disputes in courts and arbitrations. He has over 25 years of experience representing owners, developers, contractors, architects, engineers, construction managers, construction product manufacturers and other construction professionals. He has acted as first chair trial attorney in jury trials and bench trials in both federal and state court, and first chair attorney in numerous arbitrations.
Dan also has significant experience in commercial real estate litigation with particular emphasis on landlord/tenant issues, large commercial foreclosures and court receiverships.
The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law, J.D., 1993, summa cum laude, Order of the Coif
The Ohio State University, B.S., 1985, Industrial Systems Engineering; Four-year varsity letter and Scholar/Athlete Award in Wrestling
Praised for its ‘responsiveness, reliability and creativity‘, Thompson Hine LLP‘s Cleveland-based construction team covers projects across the US, assisting clients through all phases of development, from initial planning and site selection to final construction and subsequent renovation work. Recent and ongoing projects have demonstrated the range of expertise in the practice, with highlights covering government buildings, chemical plants and manufacturing facilities, though a particular area of expertise is in sports and entertainment arenas. Here, practice head Jeffrey Applebaum has continued to advise the ownership group of a new 22,000-seat soccer stadium in St Louis, and has also acted alongside Alan Ritchie in advising Haslam Sports Group on the Confluence Village development that includes a soccer stadium and training facilities. Patrick Sweeney has been involved in preparing and negotiating agreements on behalf of owners, contractors, architects and engineers. Another key contact is Erin Luke, recommended for her ‘practical and strategic intelligence‘ and experience in large infrastructure projects. On the litigation side, Daniel Haymond has 25 years’ experience handling construction arbitration and mediation. Jack Clark is a standout associate in the team.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Construction (including construction litigation)
- Government > Government contracts
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Industry focus > Transport: aviation and air travel - litigation and regulation
- Industry focus > Transport: rail and road - litigation and regulation
- Industry focus > Transport: shipping - litigation and regulation
- Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design
- Investment fund formation and management > Mutual/registered/exchange-traded funds
- Real estate > Real estate
- Industry focus > Sport
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense