Thomas Coyne > Thompson Hine LLP > Cleveland, United States > Lawyer Profile
Thompson Hine LLP Offices
3900 KEY CENTER, 127 PUBLIC SQUARE
CLEVELAND, OH 44114-1291
- Go to...
Tom has served as practice group leader of the firm’s 50-member national Real Estate practice group for over 20 years and has handled billions in commercial real estate transactions across the U.S. He concentrates his practice on transaction planning, strategy and execution.
Principal clients include public and private companies, real estate developers, individual and family interests, and institutional and fund investors.
Representative transactions include acquisitions and sales; build-to-suit development; headquarters and large-scale mixed-use development; office, retail and industrial leasing; government incentives; complex easement agreements; borrower financing; broker agreements; brownfields redevelopment; and real estate tax challenges.
Tom has spoken and published widely on commercial real estate topics. He is a member of the American College of Real Estate Lawyers. He currently serves as chair of the Real Estate Committee of the United States Law Firm Group and vice chair of the Downtown Cleveland Improvement Corporation. He serves on the board of EDWINS Leadership and Restaurant Institute and is former chair of Family Transitional Housing, Inc. and Cleveland Neighborhood Progress.
- University of Notre Dame Law School, J.D., 1985, Editorial Board Member and Book Review Editor, Notre Dame Law Review
- College of the Holy Cross, B.A., 1982, Phi Beta Kappa
Thompson Hine LLP has developed a specialty advising clients on corporate expansion, new construction, development and acquisition, particularly as it relates to headquarters and commercial properties in Ohio. Tax-driven real estate financing, leasing, planning and development work are also its core areas of instruction. Based in Cleveland, Thomas Coyne is the longtime head of national practice. He is assisted by Darrel Davison in Columbus and Robert Curry in Dayton.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Industry focus > Transport: rail and road - litigation and regulation
- Real estate > Construction (including construction litigation)
- Government > Government contracts
- Industry focus > Transport: shipping - litigation and regulation
- Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design
- Investment fund formation and management > Mutual/registered/exchange-traded funds
- Real estate > Real estate
- Industry focus > Sport
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense