Lars Golumbic > Groom Law Group, Chartered > Washington DC, United States > Lawyer Profile
Groom Law Group, Chartered Offices
1701 PENNSYLVANIA AVE, NW
WASHINGTON DC 20006
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
- Go to...
Lars Golumbic serves as the co-chair of the firm’s Litigation Practice. His ERISA litigation practice includes the defense of “excessive fee” and ESOP class actions brought against plan sponsors, fiduciaries, and service providers. Lars also represents health plan sponsors and health insurers in actions brought under the Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act. Additionally, Lars defends plan trustees, fiduciaries, companies and their board members, and service providers in Department of Labor investigations and enforcement proceedings instituted by the federal agency. He has appeared in dozens of federal courts across the country as part of his active ERISA litigation practice.
While the focus of Lars’ national practice is in ERISA litigation, Lars also represents plan fiduciaries and other stakeholders in matters concerning plan funding, restructuring, withdrawal liability, and plan termination.
Lars serves as a member of the firm’s Executive Committee.
- Clerk, The Honorable Robert G. Doumar, U.S. District Judge of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- Bar Association of the District of Columbia
- Subcommittee Co-Chair, Multiemployer Withdrawal Liability Section, Employee Benefits Committee, American Bar Association
- Senior Editor, American Bar Association’s Employee Benefits Law Treatise, Chapter 17, Multiemployer Plan Withdrawal Liability
- Member, Legislative & Regulatory Committee, The ESOP Association
Lawyer Rankings(Leading lawyers)
Groom Law Group, Chartered focuses its attention on the defense of ERISA class actions, including those relating to breach of fiduciary duties, 401(k) excessive fee and investment strategy, employer stock, defined pension plans, actuarial equivalence. The practice is led by Lars Golumbic and William Delany: Golombic is well-regarded for his involvement in class actions involving plan sponsors and fiduciaries and service providers as well as DOL investigations and enforcement matters, while Delany shares this focus along with Michael Prame, advising on ERISA class actions regarding plan administration, stock drops and fiduciary duties. Mark Nielsen has represented insurance companies and health plan sponsors in cases relating to fiduciary duties and defective COBRA notices and Sarah Adams concentrates on class actions and government investigations, litigating on behalf of plan sponsors, fiduciaries facing allegations of ERISA violations, focusing on ESOPs, imprudent investment, actuarial malpractice and church plan putative class actions. Samuel Levin and Edward Meehan are also key contacts within the practice. All named lawyers are based in Washington DC.
- Leading lawyers United States > Labor and employment > ERISA litigation
- ERISA litigation United States > Labor and employment