Mr Francisco Bórquez > Barros & Errázuriz > Santiago, Chile > Lawyer Profile
Barros & Errázuriz Offices
AV. ISIDORA GOYENECHEA 2939, 10TH FLOOR
- Go to...
Mr Francisco Bórquez
- Senior Associate, Barros & Errázuriz
- Senior Associate, Barros & Errázuriz (2015).
- Attorney, National Economic Prosecutor’s Office (2010-2012, 2014-2015).
- Intern, Directorate-General of Competition of the European Commission, Brussels, Belgium (2013-2014).
- Associate, Albagli & Zaliasnik (2008-2010).
Spanish and English
Member of the Chilean Bar Association
- Law School, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, Santiago, Chile, 2008.
- Diploma in Antitrust, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, Santiago, Chile, 2009.
- Master of Laws (LL.M.) in Law & Economics, University College London, London, England, 2013
- Merger Control Module, Brussels School of Competition, Brussels, Belgium, 2019.
Lawyer Rankings(Rising stars)
Barros & Errázuriz is a widely esteemed full-service law firm that has longstanding experience in antitrust matters in Chile, including major cases before the TDLC, FNE investigations , merger control matters and compliance. It particularly stands out for its expertise in the telecoms sector but has also been involved in market investigations involving the water and sewage, gas and card payment sectors. The nine-strong group is led by litigation and arbitration specialist Luis Eduardo Toro; long specialized in competition matters he leads on all matters. Key support comes from senior associate Francisco Bórquez, who focuses exclusively on competition law. The team can also call on the extensive experience of senior partner, dispute resolution expert José Tomás Errázuriz, particularly in relation to regulated sectors such as telecoms and energy.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance
- Capital markets
- Consumer and advertising law
- Corporate and M&A
- Data privacy
- Real estate