Mr Emilio Vásquez > Barros & Errázuriz > Santiago, Chile > Lawyer Profile
Barros & Errázuriz Offices
AV. ISIDORA GOYENECHEA 2939, 10TH FLOOR
- Go to...
Mr Emilio Vásquez
- Partner, Barros & Errázuriz.
- Partner, Barros & Errázuriz (2000).
- Attorney, Empresa Nacional de Telecomunicaciones S.A. (1993).
- Professional Consulting, Maritime issues, Shipping Companies and P&I Clubs (1992).
- Professor, Commercial Law, Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez, Viña del Mar (1999 – 2009).
- Professor, Economic Law, Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez, Viña del Mar (1999 – 2009).
Spanish and English
- Member of the Chilean Bar Association.
- Member of the Arbitration and Mediation Center of Santiago.
- Member of the National Arbitration Center.
- Law School, Universidad de Valparaíso, Valparaíso, Chile, 1992.
- LL.M., American University, Washington College of Law, Washington, D.C., United States, 1998.
The substantial 61-strong team at full-service, market stalwart Barros & Errázuriz is consistently involved in private acquisitions and cross-border takeovers of listed companies, acquisitions of controlling and minority interests, divestitures, and corporate restructuring programmes. The practice is also expert in establishing business structures, and it frequently assists foreign investors with establishing operations in Chile. In addition, the group has an impressive track record advising real estate and investment funds. The practice houses several impressive partners including corporate and M&A leader Pablo Guerrero, founding partner Fernando Barros (development of investment projects and corporate and financing structures), José Tomás Errázuriz – also a founding partner – who enjoys a strong market reputation, and managing partner Cristián Barros (private equity transactions). Also key to the group are fund formation and capital markets head, Luis Alberto Letelier, Bernardo Simian, Carlos Ducci, Emilio Vásquez, Sergio Eguiguren and Vicente Cordero, who made partner in July 2020. The partners are supported by a talented team of associates, with senior Lucas Marinovic foremost amongst them.
Barros & Errázuriz‘s practice is experienced in advising on multiple mining sector-related contracts, including mining concessions, project financings and acquisitions, due diligence, permits, leasing contracts and judicial defences. The team also provides mining advice in relation to water rights, energy issues, community relations, ports, real estate, environmental matters and regulatory issues. The broad practices of experienced partners Fernando Garrido, Pablo Guerrero, Emilio Vásquez and Francisco de la Barra involve mining sector matters.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance
- Capital markets
- Consumer and advertising law
- Corporate and M&A
- Data privacy
- Real estate