Mr José Luis Corvalán > Barros & Errázuriz > Santiago, Chile > Lawyer Profile
Barros & Errázuriz Offices
AV. ISIDORA GOYENECHEA 2939, 10TH FLOOR
- Go to...
Mr José Luis Corvalán
- Dispute Resolution
- Competition and Antitrust
- Insolvency & Reorganization
- Senior Associate, Barros & Errázuriz
- Senior Associate, Barros & Errázuriz (2010)
- Professor, Civil Law, Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez, Santiago (2013 – 2018).
- Visiting Professor in the Diplomas of Antitrust of the Universidad de Chile and Pontificia Universidad Católica.
Spanish and English
Member of the Chilean Bar Association
- LL.M., Harvard University, Massachusetts, United States, 2015.
- Diploma in Public Economic Law, Universidad de Chile, Santiago, Chile, 2012.
- Diploma in Antitrust, Universidad de Chile, Santiago, Chile, 2011.
- Law School, Universidad de Chile, Santiago, Chile (Degree awarded with maximum distinction), 2011.
Having acted in many high-profile judicial and non-judicial reorganisations, as well as contentious bankruptcy law proceedings, Barros & Errázuriz enjoys a strong market reputation for bankruptcy and restructuring matters, and ‘gives quick and precise answers to the problems exposed‘. It advises both debtors and creditors, acts in arbitration cases (including insolvency class actions), and assists with the acquisition of assets of companies that are subject to liquidation or reorganisation procedures. The team is led by Javier San Martín, whose broad dispute resolution practice includes bankruptcy. Senior associates Cristián Pérez and José Luis Corvalán provide key support.
The 18-strong team at full-service law firm Barros & Errázuriz regularly acts in contentious proceedings involving civil and commercial law, tax, bankruptcy, real estate and antitrust; notably, it also has particular experience in regulated areas, such as energy and telecoms, and has a track record in major construction and real estate project-related disputes. Name partner José Tomás Errázuriz heads the arbitration group in conjunction with Luis Eduardo Toro, while David Cademartori heads the public and administrative law sub-group and also handles competition matters. Javier San Martín handles both civil and commercial litigation and arbitration (where he has particular construction expertise), as well as insolvency, reorganisations and class actions. Senior associate support is provided by José Luis Corvalán, Isidora Fernández, Cristián Pérez, Andrea Batarce and Arturo Fontecilla.
- Rising stars - Chile > Dispute resolution
- Bankruptcy, insolvency and restructuring - Chile
- Dispute resolution - Chile
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance
- Capital markets
- Consumer and advertising law
- Corporate and M&A
- Data privacy
- Real estate