Mr Javier San Martín > Barros & Errázuriz > Santiago, Chile > Lawyer Profile
Barros & Errázuriz Offices
AV. ISIDORA GOYENECHEA 2939, 10TH FLOOR
- Go to...
Mr Javier San Martín
- Partner, Barros & Errázuriz.
- Partner, Barros & Errázuriz (2008).
- Associate, Albagli & Zaliasnik (2005).
- Associate, Carey & Cia. (2003).
- Professor, Commercial Law, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, Santiago (2002 – present).
- Assistant Professor, Procedural law, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, Santiago (2000-2002).
- Assistant Professor, Philosophical Foundations of Law, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, Santiago (1992-1993).
Spanish and english.
- Member of the Chilean Bar Association.
- Member of the Arbitration and Mediation Center of the Chamber of Commerce of Santiago.
- Member of the National Arbitration Center
- Law, Law School, Universidad de Chile, Santiago, Chile. Graduated in 1998.
- Diploma in Criminal Proceedure Reform, Universidad de Chile, Santiago, Chile, 2001.
Having acted in many high-profile judicial and non-judicial reorganisations, as well as contentious bankruptcy law proceedings, Barros & Errázuriz enjoys a strong market reputation for bankruptcy and restructuring matters, and ‘gives quick and precise answers to the problems exposed‘. It advises both debtors and creditors, acts in arbitration cases (including insolvency class actions), and assists with the acquisition of assets of companies that are subject to liquidation or reorganisation procedures. The team is led by Javier San Martín, whose broad dispute resolution practice includes bankruptcy. Senior associates Cristián Pérez and José Luis Corvalán provide key support.
Barros & Errázuriz‘s 10-strong department is one of the most experienced and recognised groups in Chile. It has a strong track record in class actions and mediation processes with SERNAC, and can draw on the firm’s expertise across a wide range of industries, including utilities, telecoms, education, real estate and healthcare, among others. Recent highlights saw the team represent América Móvil subsidiary Claro Chile in two class actions filed by SERNAC, in relation to service-outages in Santiago and Curanilahue. The practice is co-led by three partners with distinct but complimentary specialisms: Javier San Martín (civil and commercial disputes), Luis Eduardo Toro (bankruptcy and competition) and David Cademartori (public and administrative law). All handle assistance with consumer matters, including class action lawsuits and other actions that are filed by SERNAC and/or individuals. Key support comes from disputes practice senior associates Isidora Fernández and Cristián Pérez.
The 18-strong team at full-service law firm Barros & Errázuriz regularly acts in contentious proceedings involving civil and commercial law, tax, bankruptcy, real estate and antitrust; notably, it also has particular experience in regulated areas, such as energy and telecoms, and has a track record in major construction and real estate project-related disputes. Name partner José Tomás Errázuriz heads the arbitration group in conjunction with Luis Eduardo Toro, while David Cademartori heads the public and administrative law sub-group and also handles competition matters. Javier San Martín handles both civil and commercial litigation and arbitration (where he has particular construction expertise), as well as insolvency, reorganisations and class actions. Senior associate support is provided by José Luis Corvalán, Isidora Fernández, Cristián Pérez, Andrea Batarce and Arturo Fontecilla.
- Consumer and advertising law - Chile
- Leading individuals - Chile > Dispute resolution
- Bankruptcy, insolvency and restructuring - Chile
- Dispute resolution - Chile
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance
- Capital markets
- Consumer and advertising law
- Corporate and M&A
- Data privacy
- Real estate