Mr Matias Montoya > Barros & Errázuriz > Santiago, Chile > Lawyer Profile
Barros & Errázuriz Offices
AV. ISIDORA GOYENECHEA 2939, 10TH FLOOR
- Go to...
Mr Matias Montoya
- Counsel, Barros & Errázuriz
- Counsel, Barros & Errázuriz (2014).
- General Counsel, Environmental Assessment Service (2012).
- Regional Projects Coordinator, Environmental Assessment Service (2010).
- Legal Advisor to Executive Director, National Environmental Commission (2010).
- Attorney, National Environmental Commission of the Metropolitan Region (2008).
- Professor, Diploma in Environmental Law, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Valparaiso, Valparaíso (2013).
- Professor, Diploma in Management of Environmental Compliance, Use and Application of Tools in the New Environmental Institutions, Pontificia Universidad Católica, Santiago (2016 – present).
- Law School, Universidad del Desarrollo, Concepción, Chile, 2006.
- Master of Environmental Law, Universidad de Chile, Santiago, Chile, 2015.
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
With ‘detailed knowledge of public sector procedures‘, Barros & Errázuriz‘s nine-member environmental team provides full-service assistance to clients on projects, including planning, operation and closure, due diligence, project finance, environmental assessments and permitting issues, along with social conflicts and community negotiations; the firm also fields experts in local authority relations, compliance, litigation before the environmental and ordinary courts (including Supreme Court), and enforcement proceedings. ‘Very active‘ counsel Matias Montoya (a former head of legal of the Environmental Assessment Agency) heads the environmental practice, working closely with energy-industry specialist Fernando Garrido, who leads the firm’s regulated sectors department. Further support is provided at associate level by dedicated environmental law senior, Mara Angelini.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance
- Capital markets
- Consumer and advertising law
- Corporate and M&A
- Data privacy
- Real estate
- Bankruptcy, insolvency and restructuring
- Competition and antitrust
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- Dispute resolution: litigation
- Labour and employment
- Projects and infrastructure
- Public law
- Venture capital
- Energy and natural resources > Mining
- Energy and natural resources > Electricity and hydrocarbon