Mr José Ignacio Ovalle > Barros & Errázuriz > Santiago, Chile > Lawyer Profile
Barros & Errázuriz Offices
AV. ISIDORA GOYENECHEA 2939, 10TH FLOOR
- Go to...
Mr José Ignacio Ovalle
- Partner, Barros & Errázuriz.
- Partner, Barros & Errázuriz (1992).
- Visiting Scholar, Columbia University, New York, United States, (2001-2002).
- Professor, Undergraduate, Telecommunications Law, Pontificia Universidad Católica, Santiago (2013 – present).
- Professor, Postgraduate, Telecommunications Law, Pontificia Universidad Católica, Santiago (2011 – present).
- Professor, Master of Public Law, Telecommunications Law, Universidad Finis Terrae, Santiago (2011 – present).
- Professor, Diploma in Law and Business, Co-ownership and Real Estate Projects, Pontificia Universidad Católica, Santiago (2011 – present).
- Professor, Diploma in Telecommunications Law, Pontificia Universidad Católica, Santiago (2004-2014).
- Professor, Telecommunications Law, Universidad de Chile, Santiago (2003-2015).
- Professor, Civil Law, Universidad Nacional Andrés Bello, Santiago (1992-1994).
- Assistant Professor, Commercial Law, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, Santiago (1992-1993).
- Visiting Professor, Telecommunications field, Columbia University, New York, United States (2001,2009 and 2012)
- Visiting Professor, Telecommunications field, New York Bar, United States (2001)
- Visiting Professor, Telecommunications field, American University, Washington DC, United States (2010)
Spanish and English
- Member of the Chilean Bar Association
- Legislation Committee of the Chilean Chamber of Construction
Law School, Universidad de Chile, Santiago, Chile, 1992.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading Individuals)
The four-member group at Barros & Errázuriz routinely acts for fixed and mobile operators, satellite operators, and free-to-air (FTA) and paid television services on complex TMT matters. Internet service providers, over-the-top (OTT) service providers, technology providers, telecoms infrastructure companies, and e-commerce and social media platforms also regularly turn to the ‘very determined‘ practice. Typical work ranges from the processing and obtaining of regulatory permits and licences, including the legal requirements to operate and provide services in Chile. The team has also experienced substantial growth in major technology projects. Heading the department, José Ignacio Ovalle provides ongoing advice on the full range of telecoms and technology-related regulatory and commercial aspects; and at senior associate level, Andrés Rodríguez focuses his practice on telecoms, IT and data privacy work.
The sizeable real estate team at full-service firm Barros & Errázuriz is routinely sought out for its assistance with innovative acquisition structures, real estate associations and consortiums, along with the financing of real estate development projects; in addition to its expertise in real estate developments, the group fields specialists in infrastructure (including telecoms towers) and construction. Clients also benefit from the firm’s experience in regulatory issues, most notably in relation to urban planning, administrative conflicts and tourism. The practice is jointly led by José Ignacio Ovalle, who advises on the development of building projects, condominiums, shopping centres, offices, ports and hotels; real estate projects expert Patricio Solórzano; and Oscar Ruiz-Tagle, whose real estate practice covers territorial planning, and urban and environmental regulation. The counsel to note, Alejandra Aránguiz , is a specialist in urban, regulatory and municipal administrative law. Former senior associate Eduardo Tirado left the firm in late 2021.
- Data privacy - Chile
- Hall of Fame - Chile > TMT
- Leading individuals - Chile > Real estate
- Leading Individuals - Chile > Data privacy
- Real estate - Chile
- TMT - Chile
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance
- Capital markets
- Consumer and advertising law
- Corporate and M&A
- Data privacy
- Real estate
- Bankruptcy, insolvency and restructuring
- Competition and antitrust
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- Dispute resolution: litigation
- Projects and infrastructure
- Public law
- Venture capital
- Labour and employment
- Energy and natural resources > Mining
- Energy and natural resources > Electricity and hydrocarbon