Mr Fernando Barros > Barros & Errázuriz > Santiago, Chile > Lawyer Profile
Barros & Errázuriz Offices
AV. ISIDORA GOYENECHEA 2939, 10TH FLOOR
- Go to...
Mr Fernando Barros
- Partner, Barros & Errázuriz.
- Partner, Barros & Errázuriz (1988).
- Counselor of Sofofa (2005- to present).
- Director and Vice President of ICARE (2005-2011).
- Professor of Commercial and Economic Law, Unioversidad Adolfo Ibáñez, Santiago (2000-2003).
- Dean, School of Law, Universidad Finis Terrae (2000-2003).
Spanish and English
- Member of the Chilean Bar Association.
- Member of the Arbitration and Mediation Center of the Santiago Chamber of Commerce.
- Member of the National Arbitration Center.
- He chairs the Constitution and Public Guarantees Committee and is a member of the Corporate Governance Commission, SOFOFA.
- Chairman of the Board, Oxiquim S.A.
- Vice President, Agrosuper S.A.
- Director, Socovesa S.A.
- Director, Company Cervecera Kunstmann S.A.
- Board Advisor, Independencia S.A. Administradora de Fondos de Inversión.
- Director Altiplano Foundation.
- Member of the Advisory Board of the Pro Bono Foundation
- Law, Law School, Universidad de Chile, Santiago, Chile (Degree awarded with maximum distinction). Graduated in 1982.
- Negotiation Courses (PIL), Harvard University Law School, Boston, Massachusetts, United States, 1993 and 1996.
- Visiting Scholar, London School of Economics and Political Sciences, London, England, 1998 and 1999.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
The large, 63-strong team at Barros & Errázuriz is held in high esteem in the market and advises on private acquisitions, cross-border takeovers of listed companies, acquisitions of controlling and minority interests, divestitures, and corporate restructuring programmes; moreover, the ‘unique‘ group has also developed a substantial public M&A presence. Clients additionally benefit from the firm’s full-service status, which affords access to business-oriented tax expertise, as well as specialist antitrust, banking and finance, restructuring, energy and real estate practices. Widely respected for public M&A and international cross-border transactions, Pablo Guerrero heads the department, which includes Bernardo Simian (M&A, foreign investment, financing and capital markets); Fernando Barros (investment projects and corporate and financing structures – in addition to heading the tax practice); and M&A, finance and capital markets specialists Cristián Barros and Luis Alberto Letelier. Also integral to the practice are Emilio Vásquez and Carlos Ducci, who both focus on corporate law, foreign investment, M&A and joint ventures; and José Tomás Errázuriz , who handles corporate matters in addition to leading the dispute resolution group. The next generation partners to note are Vicente Cordero, who was promoted in 2020, and Sergio Eguiguren, while counsel Daniela Peña and senior associate Lucas Marinovic are also experienced advisers.
- Corporate and M&A - Chile
- Leading individuals - Chile > Tax
- Leading individuals - Chile > Corporate and M&A
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance
- Capital markets
- Consumer and advertising law
- Corporate and M&A
- Data privacy
- Real estate
- Bankruptcy, insolvency and restructuring
- Competition and antitrust
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- Dispute resolution: litigation
- Labour and employment
- Projects and infrastructure
- Public law
- Venture capital
- Energy and natural resources > Mining
- Energy and natural resources > Electricity and hydrocarbon