Mr Fernando Barros > Barros & Errázuriz > Santiago, Chile > Lawyer Profile
Barros & Errázuriz Offices
AV. ISIDORA GOYENECHEA 2939, 10TH FLOOR
- Go to...
Mr Fernando Barros
- Partner, Barros & Errázuriz.
- Partner, Barros & Errázuriz (1988).
- Counselor of Sofofa (2005- to present).
- Director and Vice President of ICARE (2005-2011).
- Professor of Commercial and Economic Law, Unioversidad Adolfo Ibáñez, Santiago (2000-2003).
- Dean, School of Law, Universidad Finis Terrae (2000-2003).
Spanish and English
- Member of the Chilean Bar Association.
- Member of the Arbitration and Mediation Center of the Santiago Chamber of Commerce.
- Member of the National Arbitration Center.
- He chairs the Constitution and Public Guarantees Committee and is a member of the Corporate Governance Commission, SOFOFA.
- Chairman of the Board, Oxiquim S.A.
- Vice President, Agrosuper S.A.
- Director, Socovesa S.A.
- Director, Company Cervecera Kunstmann S.A.
- Board Advisor, Independencia S.A. Administradora de Fondos de Inversión.
- Director Altiplano Foundation.
- Member of the Advisory Board of the Pro Bono Foundation
- Law, Law School, Universidad de Chile, Santiago, Chile (Degree awarded with maximum distinction). Graduated in 1982.
- Negotiation Courses (PIL), Harvard University Law School, Boston, Massachusetts, United States, 1993 and 1996.
- Visiting Scholar, London School of Economics and Political Sciences, London, England, 1998 and 1999.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
The substantial 61-strong team at full-service, market stalwart Barros & Errázuriz is consistently involved in private acquisitions and cross-border takeovers of listed companies, acquisitions of controlling and minority interests, divestitures, and corporate restructuring programmes. The practice is also expert in establishing business structures, and it frequently assists foreign investors with establishing operations in Chile. In addition, the group has an impressive track record advising real estate and investment funds. The practice houses several impressive partners including corporate and M&A leader Pablo Guerrero, founding partner Fernando Barros (development of investment projects and corporate and financing structures), José Tomás Errázuriz – also a founding partner – who enjoys a strong market reputation, and managing partner Cristián Barros (private equity transactions). Also key to the group are fund formation and capital markets head, Luis Alberto Letelier, Bernardo Simian, Carlos Ducci, Emilio Vásquez, Sergio Eguiguren and Vicente Cordero, who made partner in July 2020. The partners are supported by a talented team of associates, with senior Lucas Marinovic foremost amongst them.
Barros & Errázuriz‘s sizeable 17-member tax department is widely respected for its national and international tax planning strategies, as well as its tax law advice on M&A, joint ventures, corporate restructuring and project finance. In addition, the practice has extensive experience in proceedings before Chile’s IRS and tax courts; and is frequently instructed by US clients in relation to Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) compliance processes. Founding partner Fernando Barros heads the tax practice, which also fields María Teresa Cremaschi (who has over 20 years’ experience in tax matters at national and international level), and Carola Trucco (who handles the tax aspects of cross-border operations, M&A and business reorganisations). A strong second line of senior associates includes transactional tax-structuring specialist, Evelyn Sepúlveda, and tax dispute resolution expert Mauricio Bascuñán.
- Corporate and M&A - Chile
- Leading individuals - Chile > Corporate and M&A
- Leading individuals - Chile > Tax
- Tax - Chile
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance
- Capital markets
- Consumer and advertising law
- Corporate and M&A
- Data privacy
- Real estate