Mr Abel Mejia-Cosenza > Sánchez Devanny > Queretaro, Mexico > Lawyer Profile
Sánchez Devanny Offices
BOULEVARD BERNARDO QUINTANA 7001 TORRE 1
COL. CENTRO QUERÉTARO 76090
- Go to...
Mr Abel Mejia-Cosenza
Tax, Private Wealth Management and Estate Planning, Member of the Automotive Industry Practice
Abel specializes in international tax planning for both individuals and corporations. For individuals Abel regularly advises on including US and Mexican pre-migration and cross-border income and estate tax planning for ultra high networth individuals. For corporations, Abel regularly advises foreign multinational companies in the setup of their Mexican operations and the acquisition or sale of Mexican target companies. Likewise, Abel regularly advises Mexican companies with their cross-border transactions, including payments to their foreign related parties, and acquisition of U.S target companies and operation of their U.S. and foreign subsidiaries. Abel has more than 13 years of experience practicing law. He is licensed to practice law in Mexico and in the US (California license), where he practiced for eight years at one of the most important California law firms. Abel´s native language is Spanish and he is fluent in English and French.
Spanish, English and French.
- California Bar.
- American Bar Association, Tax Section.
- International Bar Association, Individual Tax and Private Client Committee.
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners, San Diego Chapter.
- Mexican-French Chamber of Commerce, Bajio Region Chapter.
- Master of Laws (LL.M.) in International Taxation. New York University School of Law, New York, New York (2006).
- Postgraduate Studies in Tax Law. Universidad Panamericana, México City, México (2003).
- Law Degree. Universidad Panamericana, Mexico City, Mexico (2002).
- General University Studies Diploma. Université Jean Moulin, Faculté de Droit, Lyon, France (2001).
Sánchez Devanny‘s international experience has given the practice substantial hands-on expertise in cross border tax matters. The 20-strong team is co-led by five partners: the experienced Ricardo Leon-Santacruz, who specializes in tax planning and transfer pricing; Guillermo Villaseñor-Tadeo, who leads on the litigation front; Luis Antonio González Flores, who has broad experience in national and international tax audits, anti-money laundering and anti-corruption compliance strategies, with a special focus on multinational enterprises; Mariana Eguiarte-Morett, who has ‘impressive technical knowledge on international tax matters’; and Abel Mejia-Cosenza, who specializes in international tax planning for both individuals and corporations.