Ms Turenna Ramirez-Ortiz > Sánchez Devanny > Mexico City, Mexico > Lawyer Profile
Sánchez Devanny Offices
PASEO DE LAS PALMAS 525, PISO 6
COL. LOMAS DE CHAPULTEPEC
CIUDAD DE MÉXICO 11000
- Go to...
Ms Turenna Ramirez-Ortiz
International Trade and Customs.
Turenna is the Managing Partner for Sánchez Devanny’s Mexico City office, she joined Sánchez Devanny to head the firm’s International Trade and Customs group. She has more than seventeen years of experience advising multinational companies on cross-border transactions related to international trade and customs – from strategic planning, preventive and reactive audits by the Mexican IRS, to defense and litigation before the government and the Federal Courts. Turenna has a diverse client base, including automotive, retail, chemical, petrochemical, luxury goods, pharmaceuticals, software, cosmetics, electronics, maquiladoras (IMMEX), and trading companies. Turenna advises on foreign trade, multilateral treaties and antidumping laws. Her experience includes design and implementation of business strategies, NAFTA origin verifications and tariff classification, rules of origin, export controls, import/export regimes, bonded facilities structure and management, and wide knowledge of tariff and non-tariff regulatory issues. She has participated in complex, high-visibility matters, and in international trade negotiations with the Secretary General of the World Customs Organization in a program against forgery and piracy. Turenna is fluent in English and Spanish.
- Inter-Pacific Bar Association.
- English and Israeli Chambers of Commerce.
- American Conference Institute.
- International Chamber of Commerce.
- International Bar Association. IPBA Vice-chair, American Chamber Mexico officer.
- Postgraduate Studies in International Businesses. Universidad Panamericana, Mexico City, Mexico (2007).
- Special course in Commercial Structure and Legal Aspects of Foreign Trade. Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México (ITAM), Mexico City, Mexico (2005).
- Law Degree, Cum Laude, specializing in International Law. Universidad de las Américas Puebla (UDLA-P), Puebla, Mexico (1997).