Mr Alfonso Lopez-Lajud > Sánchez Devanny > Mexico City, Mexico > Lawyer Profile
Sánchez Devanny Offices
PASEO DE LAS PALMAS 525, PISO 6
COL. LOMAS DE CHAPULTEPEC
CIUDAD DE MÉXICO 11000
- Go to...
Mr Alfonso Lopez-Lajud
Civil and Commercial Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution, Member of the Energy Industry Practice.
Alfonso heads the Civil and Commercial Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution practice and has wide experience representing clients in complex litigation cases before federal and local courts throughout Mexico and handling international arbitration cases in the oil & gas and automotive industries. Alfonso is also part of the Energy Industry Group, as dispute resolution specialist in that sector. He has ample experience in constitutional remedy (amparo) and has participated in international legal proceedings, rendering expert witness opinions and affidavits on Mexican Law. With more than 18 years of experience practicing law, Alfonso advised several banking institutions in their liquidation process, and collaborated with the Instituto para la Protección al Ahorro Bancario (IPAB), as external legal counsel in the transferring and liquidation of assets, coordinating real estate auctions and due-diligences in connection with legal status of the properties. His practice includes participation in several insolvency, restructuring and bankruptcy proceedings before Mexican courts, as well as out-of-court restructuring transactions.
- Member of the Ilustre y Nacional Colegio de Abogados de México, A.C. (INCAM)
- Member of the International Bar Association (IBA) – Insolvency and Litigation Committees
- Member of the Asociación Jurídica Mexicano – Libanesa Al Muhami, A.C.
- Member of the Transatlantic Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Group (TARIG)
- Member of State Capital Group (SCG Legal)
- Member of the Association of International Petroleum Negotiators (AIPN)
Law Degree. Universidad Panamericana, Mexico City (2003).