Mr Richard Grant > McGuireWoods LLP > Los Angeles, United States > Lawyer Profile
McGuireWoods LLP Offices
WELLS FARGO CENTER, SOUTH TOWER
355 S. GRAND AVE., SUITE 4200
LOS ANGELES, CA 90071-3103
- Go to...
Mr Richard Grant
M&A, Corporate Transactions & Technology Department; Sports Industry Team
Richard is the managing partner of the firm’s Los Angeles – Century City office.
Richard’s practice concentrates on mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions, corporate joint ventures, and venture finance. His mergers and acquisitions and private equity work is focused on the healthcare, food and beverage, and renewable energy industries, and he works closely with the firm’s industry teams in that work.
Richard’s general corporate work includes representation of senior executives at public and privately held companies in executive compensation transactions.
Richard handles a variety of sports matters and chairs the firm’s Sports Industry Team. He has negotiated large-scale corporate sponsorships of professional sports teams and leagues; represented national brands in high profile player endorsement deals; and handled television and other media rights agreements.
United States > Industry focus > Sport
The sports management team at McGuireWoods LLP frequently advises financial institutions in stadium, team, owner and league wide credit financing transactions. Los Angeles-based Richard Grant also has experience acting for Kia Motors in a range of sports sponsorship deals. Kevin McGinnis, who is based in the firm’s Charlotte office, is a key name to note.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Industry focus > Energy litigation: conventional power
- Industry focus > Energy regulation: conventional power
- Industry focus > Transport: rail and road - litigation
- Industry focus > Transport: shipping - regulation
- Dispute resolution > Product liability, mass tort and class actions: automotive/transport - defense
- Finance > Commercial lending
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense
- Media, technology and telecoms > Cyber law (including data privacy and data protection)
- Industry focus > Energy: renewable/alternative power
- Media, technology and telecoms > Fintech
- Industry focus > Healthcare: service providers
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Dispute resolution > Product liability, mass tort and class actions: consumer products (including tobacco) - defense
- Dispute resolution > Product liability, mass tort and class actions: toxic tort - defense
- Media, technology and telecoms > Technology transactions
- Antitrust > Civil litigation/class actions: defense
- Industry focus > Energy litigation: oil and gas
- Industry focus > Energy: transactions: conventional power
- Industry focus > Energy: transactions: oil and gas
- Industry focus > Environment: litigation
- Media, technology and telecoms > Outsourcing
- Industry focus > Sport
- Industry focus > Transport: aviation and air travel - finance
- Dispute resolution > General commercial disputes
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Private equity buyouts
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation - defense
- Investment fund formation and management > Private equity funds (including venture capital)
- Finance > Project finance