Mr Matt Hedigan > Walkers > Dublin, Ireland > Lawyer Profile
- Go to...
Mr Matt Hedigan
Finance & Capital Markets
Matt also specialises in advising clients on derivative and securities lending transactions being entered into by a wide range of Irish entities utilising industry standard documentation such as ISDAs and GMRAs.
- acted as issuer counsel for a large number of US and European CLO 2.0 issuances, refinancing’s and resets
- advising Irish and US based collateral managers on CLO risk retention structures including using Irish risk retention vehicles
- advising investment banks and aircraft leasing companies on tax efficient leasing and financing structures, in addition to platform establishments and acquisitions and disposals;
- regularly advises US hedge and private equity funds which invest in distressed, stressed, performing and non-performing assets in Ireland, Europe and Asia Pacific;
- advising exchange traded product providers on the establishment of listed collateralised exchange traded note issuance programmes using Irish SPVs;
- advising originators and arrangers on the securitisation of a wide variety of assets classes including drug royalties, aircraft and rolling stock leases and residential and commercial mortgage portfolios
- advising alternative and bank lenders on bilateral and syndicated lending and real estate financing transactions; and
- regularly advises international banks on repackaging programmes through Irish SPVs.
Matt is a member of the Incorporated Law Society of Ireland.
Matt is also a member of the Irish Debt Securities Association
LLB, Trinity College Dublin
Diploma in Applied Finance, Law Society of Ireland
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners: Capital markets: Debt)
Walkers has a major presence in structured finance and securitisation, especially in the CLO segment, along with the CMBS and RMBS spaces. It is also building its profile in green, social and sustainable bonds. The firm represents an impressive number of financial institutions and fund managers, along with a range of prominent international issuers. Andrew Traynor is among the senior names in the market, with Noeleen Ruddy leading the field in CLOs, where Paddy Rath is also making an impression. Ian McNamee provides further senior firepower in DCM, ABS, SRT and synthetic securitisations. Matt Hedigan is another prominent name in securitisations and carbon offset repack programmes. Since publication, Garry Ferguson left the firm.
Walkers operates across the product range, noted especially for its bank side engagements. The firm is also at the forefront of fund finance, including asset-backed, NAV-based and revolving credit facilities. It has an increasingly flourishing practice in distressed debt and loan portfolio sales, and remains active in real estate finance. The Dublin team is also recognised for its expertise in structured finance, securitisation and debt capital markets-related financings. Andrew Traynor, Matt Hedigan and Ian McNamee are key names in the team.
- Capital markets - Ireland
- Next Generation Partners: Capital markets: Debt - Ireland > Capital markets
- Banking and finance - Ireland