Mr Georges Santoni Recio > Russin, Vecchi & Heredia Bonetti > Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic > Lawyer Profile
Russin, Vecchi & Heredia Bonetti Offices
CALLE EL RECODO NO 2, EDIF MONTE MIRADOR 3RD FLOOR
- Go to...
Mr Georges Santoni Recio
Georges Santoni-Recio has worked all his professional career at RV&HB, starting as a law clerk in 1980, becoming a partner in 1990, and then managing partner in 2000, position which he still holds. He has developed a strong practice in foreign investment law, international trade and related matters.
He is also a practicing litigator, specializing in general civil and commercial litigation. Because of his fluency in English and French, in addition to his native Spanish, Mr. Santoni-Recio is especially well qualified to assist foreign clients in their business and litigation matters in the Dominican Republic.
Santoni has advised multilateral lenders on a variety of structured and corporate finance transactions, including a broad range of financing, M&A, real estate, commercial, government contracts, and project finance. He has also been consulted as an expert witness on Dominican civil law matters on an international arbitration between the Dominican State and a foreign company that holds a State concession on the construction and maintenance of one the major highways of the country. Currently acts as local counsel for an entrepreneur business company developing a biodiesel project in the country. He acted as legal counsel for clients developing renewable energy as well as gold and silver mining projects in the country. He also assisted clients in public tenders.
English, Spanish and French.
- Dominican Bar Association (1983).
- The International Association of Lawyers.
- Board of Directors of the Center for Research and Study of Business Law.
- Dominican Association of Business Lawyers.
- Institutionally and Justice Foundation, Inc. (FINJUS).
- Board of Directors of the Acción para la Educación Básica, Inc. (EDUCA) – dedicated to the improvement of public education in the Dominican Republic.
- Board of Directors and Coordinator for Latin America of Meritas Law Firms Worldwide.
- Board of Directors of the Dominican-French Chamber of Commerce.
- American Chamber of Commerce in the Dominican Republic.
- Chamber of Commerce and Production of Santo Domingo, Inc.
- Arbitrator of the Chamber of Conciliation and Arbitration of the Chamber of Commerce and Production of Santo Domingo, Inc.
- Dominican-Panamanian Chamber of Commerce.
- Associate Member of the American Bar Association (ABA).
- Union Internationale des Avocats (UIA).
- Inter-American Bar Association (IABA).
Universidad Nacional Pedro Henríquez Ureña, (LL. B., Cum Laude, 1982)
University of Wisconsin-Madison, Certificate in United States Law & Legal Institutions (Summer of 1983)
L’Universite de Droit, d’Economie et de Sciences Sociales de Paris (D. S. U., Commercial Law, 1984)
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Russin, Vecchi & Heredia Bonetti is commended for providing ‘timely, in-depth corporate advice‘ to clients in the energy, banking, technology and healthcare sectors, among others. The practice is well known for its solid track record in cross-border finance and corporate matters. Managing partner Georges Santoni Recio heads the department in conjunction with José Maldonado Stark, who is very experienced in international project finance; Luis Heredia Valenzuela, who is noted for his expertise in contractual matters for mining, telecoms and agribusiness companies; and Puerto Plata-based Román Medina Diplan. Ariel Jáquez Núñez, who made partner in 2019, is also a name to note.
Counting contractual and tax disputes among its key areas of expertise, Russin, Vecchi & Heredia Bonetti‘s litigation practice is equipped to represent clients in the engineering, food, pharmaceutical, real estate and energy sectors in a broad range of contentious matters. Practice head Georges Santoni Recio is defending Bayer in an ongoing contractual dispute against agricultural company AgroAvance. Senior associate Manuel Conde Cabrera is the litigation department co-ordinator. José Maldonado Stark handles administrative and commercial litigation, while Luis Heredia Valenzuela stands out for his strength in insurance litigation. Associate Sekira Hernández Díaz is also noted.
Georges Santoni Recio leads the practice at Russin, Vecchi & Heredia Bonetti, which is ‘knowledgeable about regulatory matters‘; outsourcing agreements, labour disputes and contracts-related work are also prominent in the group’s recent workload. José Maldonado Stark and Ariel Jáquez Núñez are also key contacts, as is senior associate Yissel De León Burgos, who joined from an in-house role in 2019 and draws on previous experience as a labour law judge.
- Leading individuals - Dominican Republic > Corporate and finance
- Corporate and finance - Dominican Republic
- Dispute resolution - Dominican Republic
- Labour and employment - Dominican Republic