Alexander Buzo > Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners > Minsk, Belarus > Lawyer Profile
Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners Offices
11 Z. BIADULI ST
117A INDEPENDENCE AVENUE
- Go to...
Commercial, Corporate and M&A; Intellectual Property; Aviation
Senior Associate, Advocate
Alexander Buzo is a Senior Associate of Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners in Belarus (EPA&P). Alexander specializes in Corporate and M&A, Antitrust, Intellectual Property, Aviation, employment and tax law.
Alexander is involved in supporting M&A transactions on a turnkey basis, including sale and purchase of Belarusian companies in different industry sectors (also in the privatization process), company reorganizations and closing down. He has also great experience advising international investors entering Belarusian market in regard to establishment of JVs and subsidiaries of international companies in Belarus, advising on implementation the investment projects. Alexander has taken the lead on a number of LDDs of Belarusian targets, participated in closing of some of the largest M&A transactions in Belarus.
Alexander on regular basis deals with antitrust matters for the Firm’s clients including dealing with local antitrust authorities to obtain approval of transactions with company shares in Belarus.
Alexander has significant experience advising on the projects related to the aircraft leasing in Belarus.
Alexander’s some of the recent projects include:
- Advising Knauf Group, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of modern insulation materials, dry lining systems, floor systems and other products on implementation of the investment project in Belarus and acquiring direct control over the Belarusian JV.
- Advising Nordic Aviation Capital (NAC), the world’s largest regional aircraft leasing company, in regard to the biggest delivery in the history of Belarusian aviation fleet – delivery to Belavia – Belarusian Airlines of 5 Embraer aircrafts under leasing terms in 2019-2020.
- Advising the EBRD on some of the largest projects in Belarus, as well as on projects related to its shareholdings in Belarusian companies.
- Advising Carrosserie HESS AG, a bus, trolleybus and commercial vehicle manufacturer based in Bellach, Switzerland on implementation of the investment project within the China-Belarus Industrial Park “Great Stone”, including advising on corporate, tax, commercial and employment matters.
- Advising Apptio Inc., belonging to Vista Equity Partners, a leading investment firm focused on software, data and technology-enabled businesses, in connection with acquisition of Targetprocess Group, including conducting LDD of the Belarusian subsidiary (a resident of Hi-Tech Park).
Alexander is noted by international legal guides Legal 500 (2018 – 2020), IFLR1000 (2019 – 2021) and Chambers Europe (2020, 2021) as “Next generation lawyer”, “Rising Star”, “Leading Lawyer: Rising star”, “Associate to watch” in commercial, corporate, M&A, banking practices. According to them Alexander Buzo has been praised as “a hard-working lawyer”, “a professional in antimonopoly matters and very responsive”, “having exceptional drafting skills and being accurate in meeting deadlines”.
Alexander speaks English, Russian and Belarusian.
Alexander is a member of International Bar Association (IBA) and the Minsk Regional Bar Association.
Alexander holds a Law Degree from the Belarusian State University, Law Faculty (2005).
Lawyer Rankings(Rising stars)
Advising clients on the purchase and sale of shares in a multitude of jurisdictions is a key strength of the practice at Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners; the group is well versed in performing legal due diligence of target companies to assess risks associated with acquisitions. Practice head Anna Rusetskaya specialises in public and private M&A deals, and regularly advises foreign corporations, particularly those from the technology, automotive and pharmaceutical sectors, on deals governed by domestic law. Other key team members include finance specialist Dennis Turovets and senior associate Alexander Buzo.
Since 2010, Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners has stood out for its involvement with all issuances and placements of sovereign eurobonds on external state markets; recently, the team also handled a direct issuance of eurobonds by a Belarusian corporate. Managing partner Dennis Turovets is regularly instructed by international clients interested in exploring investment opportunities in Belarus. Senior associates Alexander Buzo and Anastasia Yarokhovich count the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development and the Eurasian Development Bank among their core clients.
- Banking, finance and capital markets - Belarus
- Rising stars - Belarus > Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Commercial, corporate and M&A - Belarus