Dennis Turovets > Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners > Minsk, Belarus > Lawyer Profile
Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners Offices
11 Z. BIADULI ST
117A INDEPENDENCE AVENUE
- Go to...
Banking and finance, capital markets, real estate and construction, intellectual property, international arbitration and litigation, tax and international trade & customs.
Dennis Turovets has acted as the Belarus legal counsel for the most strategic and important projects in Belarus. His excellent academic background combined with deep knowledge and awareness of the local market as well as fluent English, makes him a great choice as the local counsel for the multinational clients interested in investigating Belarus business opportunities.
His ability to navigate complex legal matters and deliver the advice in a concise and practical manner ensures efficient legal solutions for the clients. Dennis and his team successfully handle full scope of corporate and private equity transactions including related IP, finance, antitrust, regulatory and contentious matters. He regularly assists domestic and globally recognized investors with interest in Belarus and CIS area, with special key areas of focus in financial services, energy and pharmaceuticals sectors.
- Advising the joint lead managers as co-arrangers of Eurobond offering by the Republic of Belarus in the amount of USD 750 mln. with maturity in 2031 and USD 500 mln. with maturity in 2026 (2020).
- Advising the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development and Belarusian authorities on implementation of the pilot PPP Project in Belarus related to M-10 road reconstruction. Estimated value of the project is around USD 350 mln.
- Advising the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development in connection of provision of loan to Saria in the amount of EUR 17 mln.
- Advising Nordic Aviation Capital (NAC) in connection with entering into 5 aircraft lease agreements with Belavia – Belarusian Airlines for delivery of 5 Embraer aircrafts under leasing terms in 2019-2020.
- Representing interests of Alvora UAB, international construction company, in a dispute with a subsidiary of Sodrugestvo group re performance of contractual obligations by the parties to plant construction
- Representing interests of Conde Nast JSC and Les Publications Condé Nast S.A. in a dispute on unfair competition
Dennis Turovets has been recommended by all the significant legal guides covering Belarus including Chambers Global, Chambers Europe, IFLR 1000, Legal 500, Best Lawyers, GAR 100, Who’s Who Legal: CIS и PLC Which Lawyer. According to Legal 500 (2020) Dennis is “highly professional lawyer with exceptional legal experience, outstanding communication skills, and a deep knowledge of the market” (Legal 500, 2020),
Dennis speaks English, Russian and Belarusian.
- represented Belarus in the European Forum Council of International Bar Association (IBA) until 2015.
- member of International Bar Association (IBA) of the Minsk Regional Bar Association and the Belarusian Republican Union of Lawyers.
Dennis holds an LL.M. Degree from the Academy of Management under the auspices of the President of the Republic of Belarus (2005) and Degree in Law from the Belarusian State University (2001).
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Since 2010, Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners has stood out for its involvement with all issuances and placements of sovereign eurobonds on external state markets; recently, the team also handled a direct issuance of eurobonds by a Belarusian corporate. Managing partner Dennis Turovets is regularly instructed by international clients interested in exploring investment opportunities in Belarus. Senior associates Alexander Buzo and Anastasia Yarokhovich count the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development and the Eurasian Development Bank among their core clients.
The vast majority of mandates handled by the team at Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners are international cases in the areas of bankruptcy, corporate relations and administrative violations. The team’s cross-border expertise is a ‘real leader not only in Belarus, but in the entire CIS region‘. Practice head Dennis Turovets is singled out as a ‘first-class practitioner and strategist‘ who ‘always demands perfection from his team‘. Senior associate Igor Yatskovsky is noted for his successful advocacy before both courts and state bodies in Belarus.
The joint IP and TMT practice At Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners advises global brands and major technology companies on the full gamut of industry issues. Led by Dennis Turovets, it advises on registration, transfer, and use of intellectual property rights, and handles advisory work. On the contentious side, it is well versed in representing clients before patent, customs and law enforcement authorities. The firm was one of the initiators behind the IT Industry Lawyer Discussion Club, which is involved with the work of the IP commission at the International Chamber of Commerce.
Advising clients on the purchase and sale of shares in a multitude of jurisdictions is a key strength of the practice at Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners; the group is well versed in performing legal due diligence of target companies to assess risks associated with acquisitions. Practice head Anna Rusetskaya specialises in public and private M&A deals, and regularly advises foreign corporations, particularly those from the technology, automotive and pharmaceutical sectors, on deals governed by domestic law. Other key team members include finance specialist Dennis Turovets and senior associate Alexander Buzo.
- Banking, finance and capital markets - Belarus
- Dispute resolution - Belarus
- Leading individuals - Belarus > Banking, finance and capital markets
- Leading individuals - Belarus > Real estate and construction
- Leading individuals - Belarus > Dispute resolution
- Commercial, corporate and M&A - Belarus
- Intellectual property - Belarus