Richard Hughes > Greenberg Traurig, LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Greenberg Traurig, LLP Offices
THE SHARD, LEVEL 8
32 LONDON BRIDGE STREET
- Go to...
Richard is a transportation attorney with a focus on the rail sector. He has built a strong reputation in the rail industry based on advising financiers, franchise owning groups and government on issues of rolling stock procurement and financing, rail franchising, and third-party investment in rail infrastructure. Richard has advised on several of the most innovative rail finance deals on the international market.
He has particular expertise in implementing financial structures for deploying private finance in the railway industry.
Richard focuses predominantly on rail finance with recent transactions including advice to equity funders on the multi-million pound financing of the Norwich Crown Point railway depot and also advising funders on the procurement of new rolling stock (with a value in excess of £1 billion) for the Wales and Borders rail service.
Richard has experience in providing operational advice to rail franchise groups having undertaken a long term secondment at one of the UK’s largest transport providers. During his secondment, Richard provided advice on a wide range of advice in relation to operational matters for both the rail and bus industry.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation: investment and retail
- Investment fund formation and management > Real estate funds
- Real estate > Commercial property: investment
- Risk advisory > Regulatory investigations and corporate crime (advice to corporates)
- Corporate and commercial > Equity capital markets - mid-high cap
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals)
- Real estate > Commercial property: development
- Transport > Rail
- Finance > Bank lending: investment grade debt and syndicated loans
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: upper mid-market and premium deals, £500m+
- Real estate > Property finance
- Finance > Transport finance and leasing