Partha S. Pal > Greenberg Traurig, LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Greenberg Traurig, LLP Offices
THE SHARD, LEVEL 8
32 LONDON BRIDGE STREET
- Go to...
Partha S. Pal
Partha S. Pal focuses his practice on the financing of commercial real estate assets. Partha has led the execution of transactions involving real estate assets in the UK, Germany, France, Italy, Belgium, the Netherlands, Spain, Portugal, Sweden and Finland, as well as in South Korea, PRC, and Hong Kong.
Partha’s experience covers the whole spectrum of commercial real estate lending arrangements, acting for both bank and non-bank lenders as well as for borrowers. He has experience of all major commercial real estate asset types including assets which involve active operation such as student accommodation, common work spaces, petrol stations, data centres and private rented sector/build to rent assets. In addition, he has deep experience of loan-on-loan financing and loan repo arrangements as well as sophisticated capital markets products relating to commercial real estate, particularly commercial mortgage backed securities and real estate related non-performing loan securitisations. He also advises regularly on regulatory matters relating to investments in securitised products, particularly in relation to risk-retention considerations.
Given his long experience of the securitisation and structured finance markets, Partha has and continues to advise on structured financing transactions involving other asset classes such as residential mortgage loans, commercial loans, consumer loans, trade receivables, equipment lease receivables, and credit card receivables.
Partha joined Greenberg Traurig, LLP in November 2018 from another leading U.S. law firm’s London office.
Commercial real estate finance (lender and borrower representations; whole loan, senior loan and mezzanine loans; investment finance and construction finance; distressed and rescue financings)
Cash-flow and synthetic commercial mortgage backed securities
Commercial real estate loan sales
Commercial real estate loan-related whole sale financing arrangements
Non-performing loan sales and securitisations
Securitisation and structured financing transactions
Fund financings relating to commercial real estate funds
Related financial restructuring and regulatory matters
Admission to Practice
England and Wales
Hindi, Basic Conversation
Greenberg Traurig, LLP is growing its presence in the London market and is very active in cross-border financings. Partha Pal is a key name whose recent work includes the financing and refinancing of properties in London and Germany, as well as acting for lenders based in North America. Gary Bellingham is also noted; he advises on a range of asset classes, including student accommodation, senior living properties and science parks.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation: investment and retail
- Investment fund formation and management > Real estate funds
- Real estate > Commercial property: investment
- Risk advisory > Regulatory investigations and corporate crime (advice to corporates)
- Corporate and commercial > Equity capital markets - mid-high cap
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals)
- Real estate > Commercial property: development
- Transport > Rail
- Finance > Bank lending: investment grade debt and syndicated loans
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: upper mid-market and premium deals, £500m+
- Real estate > Property finance
- Finance > Transport finance and leasing