Robert Briant > Conyers > Tortola, British Virgin Islands > Lawyer Profile
COMMERCE HOUSE, WICKHAMS CAY 1
PO BOX 3140, ROAD TOWN
British Virgin Islands
- Go to...
Partner, Head of BVI Corporate
Robert is a Partner and Head of the Corporate Department in the BVI. He advises on all aspects of corporate and commercial law, specialising in mergers and acquisitions, joint venture companies and investment vehicles. Robert provides specialist advice to private equity and hedge funds, as well as advising on a broad range of financing transactions. Clients include Diageo, Burger King, the Virgin Group, Denham Capital, Morgan Stanley, Commerzbank and others. Robert is an advisor to the BVI Government and a regular contributor to the media on matters of BVI law.
- Member of the BVI SIBA Advisory Committee
- Member of the BVI Joint Anti-Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing Advisory Committee
- Cambridge University, LLM, 1993
- University of Toronto, LLB, 1988
- McGill University, BA (Hons) Economics & Finance, 1985
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals) (Leading individuals)
Conyers’ corporate practice has a proven track record in the full spectrum of corporate and commercial law work in the BVI, offering ‘extremely commercial and thoughtful strategic advice’. Headed up by Robert Briant , who is ‘a seasoned lawyer with an eye for detail and great communication skills’, the group is often instructed on some of the region’s largest M&A and joint venture transactions in particular. The department has experience in a variety of sectors, and has been especially active in fintech, fitness, food and beverage, marine, shipping, mining, real estate, technology, telecoms, travel and tourism mandates. Key names to note include Audrey Robertson, who was promoted to partner in April 2021, and Anton Goldstein , who concentrates on high-value M&A and private equity work. At the counsel level, Nicholas Kuria and the ‘highly reliable’ Rachael Pape offer crucial support on a wide range of corporate transactions.
- Corporate and commercial - British Virgin Islands
- Leading individuals - British Virgin Islands > Corporate and commercial
- Leading individuals - British Virgin Islands > Banking, finance and capital markets