Mr Tércio Chiavassa > Pinheiro Neto Advogados > Sao Paulo, Brazil > Lawyer Profile
Pinheiro Neto Advogados Offices
RUA HUNGRIA, 1100
SÃO PAULO, SP 01455-906
- Go to...
Mr Tércio Chiavassa
Tax and Social Security.
Joined Pinheiro Neto in 1993. Partner as from 2006.
Tércio Chiavassa specializes in procedure law, with a focus on devising procedural strategies in tax, administrative or judicial disputes. Tércio also acts in tax advisory matters and is renowned for building long-lasting relationships with clients he has worked with for over 25 years, such as Femsa, Heineken, General Motors, Monsanto/Bayer, Schneider Electric, Whirlpool, Natura, Kimberly Clark and several other relevant clients.
Portugues, English and Italian.
Lawyers Institute of São Paulo (IASP).
Brazilian Institute of Tax Law (IBDT).
LL.B. from University of São Paulo (USP) – 1995, LL.M. degree from University of São Paulo (USP) – 2003 and Specialization degree in Civil Procedure Law at Universitá Degli Studi di Milano-Italy – 2007.
Pinheiro Neto Advogados‘ first-rate team is led by highly regarded tax litigator Sérgio Farina Filho, who has been a partner at the firm since 1993. The expertise within the overall group is equally deep, with a strong mix of experience and youth, covering the full range of direct and indirect tax issues. The team’s expertise also extends to the related areas of social security and customs. Among the partners, Luciana Rosanova Galhardo, Luiz Roberto Peroba Barbosa and Giancarlo Chamma Matarazzo are names of note, often equally comfortable on disputes as they are consulting. Cristiane Matsumoto adds weight on the social security side. Key litigators include Marcelo Marques Roncaglia, Tércio Chiavassa and Rio-based partner Carlos Henrique Tranjan Bechara. The recently promoted Ana Carolina Fernandes Carpinetti is also singled out for praise.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance
- Capital markets
- Competition and antitrust
- Corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- Dispute resolution: Litigation
- International trade and customs
- Life sciences
- Energy and natural resources > Mining
- Restructuring and insolvency
- TMT: Cybersecurity and data privacy
- TMT: Tech, innovation and digital business
- Labour and employment
- City focus - Brasilia > Litigation
- Projects and infrastructure
- Real estate
- City focus - Brasilia > Tax
- Wealth and succession planning
- Energy and natural resources > Electricity
- Energy and natural resources > Hydrocarbons
- Intellectual property
- TMT: Telecoms and media
- White-collar crime and investigations
- Public law
- Transport and shipping