Mr Mark Montague > Cowan, Liebowitz & Latman, PC > New York, United States > Lawyer Profile
Cowan, Liebowitz & Latman, PC Offices
114 WEST 47TH STREET
NEW YORK, NY 10036
- Go to...
Mr Mark Montague
Mark is head of the firm’s patent group.
Mark is a patent attorney registered to practice before the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office. Mark focuses on the handling of all patent matters, including the preparation and prosecution of patent applications in the electrical, electronic, computer, business method and mechanical arts before the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office, patent litigation, patent licensing, patent due diligence studies, patentability, infringement and validity studies, and counseling in other areas of intellectual property including trademark, trade dress, copyright and trade secret protection and enforcement.
- McAulay, Nissen, Goldberg & Kiel, LLP, Partner (2000), Senior Associate (1997-99)
- Curtis, Morris & Safford, PC, Associate (1993-97)
- Prior to becoming an attorney, Mark was a design engineer in electrical engineering at Grumman Aerospace Corporation (now Northrop Grumman). At Grumman, Mark assisted in the design, development and integration of test equipment for the F-14D Tomcat fighter aircraft. (1989-1992)
- Teaching experience:
- Adjunct Professor of Patent Law & Trade Secrets at New York University School of Continuing & Professional Studies (2002-present)
- Professional Organizations:
- New York State Bar Association – Member, Intellectual Property Law Section
- American Bar Association – Member, Intellectual Property Law Section
- New York Intellectual Property Law Association – Member
- American Intellectual Property Law Association – Member
Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center (JD 1993; Merit Scholar; Dean’s List; Winner, Nathan Burkan Memorial Writing Competition)
Polytechnic University (Graduate Studies in Electrical Engineering 1989)
State University of New York at Stony Brook (B.E. Electrical Engineering 1989; HKN E.E. Honor Society; Tau Beta Pi, Eng’g Honor Society; I.E.E.E.)