Mr C. J. Erickson > Cowan, Liebowitz & Latman, PC > New York, United States > Lawyer Profile
Cowan, Liebowitz & Latman, PC Offices
114 WEST 47TH STREET
NEW YORK, NY 10036
- Go to...
Mr C. J. Erickson
Intellectual Property; International
- Head of the Customs, International Cargo and Regulatory Compliance Group
C.J. represents domestic and multinational corporations before U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Food and Drug Administration, Fish and Wildlife Service, Federal Trade Commission, State Department, Department of Commerce and other government agencies impacting global trade.
He concentrates on Customs and International Trade law. He advises importers, exporters, manufacturers, Customs brokers, freight forwarders, and others involved in the international supply chain on production, compliance, classification, valuation, transportation, admissibility and related Customs and other agency trade matters.
His practice covers regulatory compliance in the areas of import and export controls including, ITAR, Free Trade Agreements, origin verifications, Customs audits, penalty and liquidated damages cases, Consumer Product Safety and other enforcement matters.
- Appeared before congressional sub-committees in connection with pending and proposed trade legislation
- Works with manufacturers, importers and exporters to identify and realize cost savings through reduced tariffs, retroactive recovery of duties paid through drawback, intellectual property protection and expedited clearance through initiatives such as the Customs-Trade Partnership Against terrorism (C-TPAT) program
- Has lectured on the procedural and documentary requirements of importing merchandise into the United States and numerous other cross-border issues
- New York State Bar Association
- Customs and International Trade Bar Association
- Long Island Import/Export Association
- Asian American Counsel, Attorney of the Year
Hofstra University School of Law (JD 1988)
Manhattan College (BS, Biology, cum laude, 1985)