David Hall > Burges Salmon LLP > Bristol, England > Lawyer Profile
Burges Salmon LLP Offices
ONE GLASS WHARF
- Go to...
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Burges Salmon LLP specialises in the impact of criminal and white collar fraud, including issues connected to proceeds of crime, money laundering and bribery. Headed by David Hall, the firm also advises on issues relating to police investigations in relation to asset freezing and recovery, and covers a wide range of matters that involve director and employee fraud, bribery, corruption and money laundering.(Leading individuals)
Burges Salmon LLP has a large team, which serves a sizeable roster of national and international clients. It has a notable specialism in transport sector disputes; the scope of the work includes rail, bus, motor and marine matters. In addition, the team excels in contentious work involving financial services, agricultural and rural affairs, energy, intellectual property and pensions. David Hall leads the group, which includes highly rated associate Brian Wong. Wong focuses on transport, regulatory and public law matters, and also handles complex corporate disputes.
Burges Salmon LLP is ‘excellent at every level‘. The practice acts for banks in disputes involving facilities, derivatives and hedging, securitisation, acquisition finance, investment funds and professional negligence. It has particular experience in the mis-selling of financial products and services as well as advising on investigations. Bristol-based David Hall is dispute resolution head, Kari McCormick is financial services sector head, and Andrew Burnette regularly acts for banking clients in recoveries and professional negligence and fraud claims. Caroline Brown is an experienced senior associate.
Burges Salmon LLP‘s Bristol-based practice ‘has great market presence in disputes, excellent knowledge of the law and is very hardworking‘. It fields specialist litigators in transport, energy and natural resources, financial services, agricultural and rural affairs, IP and pensions. David Hall heads the team, which also includes Kari McCormick, Andrew Burnette, Chris Jackson, Sian Edmunds and Michael Ward.
Burges Salmon LLP advises on a broad range of corporate crime matters including bribery, corruption, employee fraud, mortgage fraud, cybercrime, money laundering, theft of industry information and private criminal prosecutions. It often deals with investigations by authorities including the police, the NCA and the SFO. Other areas of expertise include crime prevention, asset freezing and recovery. The firm is seeing an increase in instructions from financial services clients and is experienced in representing banks, insurance intermediaries, asset managers and investment funds, as well as IFAs. Bristol-based David Hall heads the team and is adept at representing international corporates and financial institutions in criminal investigations and prosecutions.
Burges Salmon LLP is adept at handling external attacks on financial institutions, employee fraud, mortgage fraud, VAT carousel fraud, cyber-attacks, and theft and misuse of proprietary industry information. The team’s expertise includes breaches of financial services regulations, breaches of environmental and health and safety regulations, and tax irregularities. Clients include international corporates, banks, insurance intermediaries and IFAs. Bristol-based David Hall heads the team and focuses on director and employee fraud, bribery and corruption, and money laundering.
- Commercial litigation: Bristol - South West > Dispute resolution
- Crime: fraud - South West > Crime, fraud and licensing
- Leading individuals - South West > Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: fraud
- Leading individuals - South West > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Bristol
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Bristol
- Real estate > Commercial property: Bristol
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Bristol
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: fraud
- Human resources > Employment: Bristol
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy
- Real estate > Environment
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Private client > Family
- Human resources > Health and safety
- Human resources > Immigration
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Public sector > Local government
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Human resources > Pensions
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Project finance and PFI
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Transport > Rail
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport