William Gard > Burges Salmon LLP > Bristol, England > Lawyer Profile
Burges Salmon LLP Offices
ONE GLASS WHARF
- Go to...
Construction and engineering – energy and infrastructure.
Will is a chartered civil engineer as well as a solicitor, practising arbitrator and adjudicator and has over 30 years’ infrastructure projects experience. Will specialises in engineering and infrastructure projects procurement and dispute resolution. He has particular expertise in the design, construction and operation of energy, water, utilities, transport and other infrastructure projects. Will’s practice includes advising on the merits of potential claims to troubleshooting on complex projects and ultimately formal proceedings if necessary. A Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, Will is also a specialist in arbitration and adjudication and leads the firm’s Arbitration and Adjudication practice area. He has been appointed as adjudicator/arbitrator on over 100 occasions over the last 20 years. Will is the immediate post Chairman of the Technology and Construction Solicitors’ Association and sits on the Committee.
Chartered Civil engineer 1991; Solicitor 1995; partner Bevan Ashford 1998; partner Burges Salmon 2003 to date.
Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers; Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators.
Attended Marlborough College; University of London (1985 BSc (Eng); Civil Engineering); Common Professional Examination (1992); Law Society Finals (1993).
Member of Royal and Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews and Burnham and Berrow Golf Club.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Bristol
- Real estate > Commercial property: Bristol
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Bristol
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employment: Bristol
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- Real estate > Environment
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Private client > Family
- Crime, fraud and licensing > General crime and fraud
- Employment > Health and safety
- Employment > Immigration
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Public sector > Local government
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Employment > Pensions
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport