Sian Edmunds > Burges Salmon LLP > Bristol, England > Lawyer Profile
Burges Salmon LLP Offices
ONE GLASS WHARF
- Go to...
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
The ‘highly skilled‘ team at Burges Salmon LLP handles the sale and purchase of agricultural property and landed estates, assists with subsidies and tenancy issues, advises on agricultural development and also has expertise in tax and succession planning. The firm also focuses on advising on regulatory issues regarding the food supply chain. The ‘excellent‘ Sian Edmunds has experience as a litigator and arbitrator, including the handling of contractual and partnership disputes. Emma Folkes acts for farmers and investors on the restructuring of agricultural estate portfolios.
The team at Bristol-based Burges Salmon LLP handles the spectrum of contentious and non-contentious partnership issues, including advising on 1890 Act partnerships, LLPs, quasi-partnerships, fund structuring and the use of partnerships in private tax planning. The group has particular expertise in disputes involving farming and agri-businesses, for which it is instructed by clients nationwide. Sian Edmunds leads on partnership disputes, Chris Godfrey heads investment fund-led work, while John Barnett has substantial experience advising private clients on partnerships in relation to family businesses and succession planning.
Burges Salmon LLP‘s Bristol-based practice ‘has great market presence in disputes, excellent knowledge of the law and is very hardworking‘. It fields specialist litigators in transport, energy and natural resources, financial services, agricultural and rural affairs, IP and pensions. David Hall heads the team, which also includes Kari McCormick, Andrew Burnette, Chris Jackson, Sian Edmunds and Michael Ward.
Burges Salmon LLP has been historically associated with work in the rail sector, but has of late been growing its presence in the retail and construction spaces. Practice head Ann Metherall – ‘who stands out as a partner who has her finger on the pulse’ is based in Bristol and has a strong reputation on rail matters. Other notable names from the Bristol office include Chris Jackson, who has a similar emphasis on rail, and Sian Edmunds who focuses on the food and beverage and consumer sectors.
The Bristol-based team at Burges Salmon LLP has considerable experience in the food and drink industry, where it acts for an impressive client portfolio. It covers the full gamut of product liability matters, including compliance, recalls and reputation management, as well as disputes with suppliers and distributors over faulty products, and investigations. Sian Edmunds has a strong track record in the field. Andrew Burnette is a key name for civil fraud, professional negligence and product liability matters.
- Agriculture and estates - South West > Private client
- Leading individuals - South West > Private client > Agriculture and estates
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Bristol
- Real estate > Commercial property: Bristol
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Bristol
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: fraud
- Human resources > Employment: Bristol
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy
- Real estate > Environment
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Private client > Family
- Human resources > Health and safety
- Human resources > Immigration
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Public sector > Local government
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Human resources > Pensions
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Project finance and PFI
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Transport > Rail
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport