Matthew Sims > Burges Salmon LLP > Bristol, England > Lawyer Profile
Burges Salmon LLP Offices
ONE GLASS WHARF
- Go to...
Heads the firm’s retail team and specialises in UK real estate investment, development and portfolio management work including acquisitions and disposals, development projects and landlord and tenant work. Matt has a strong track record in acting for clients in the retail, office, hotels and industrial markets.
Burges Salmon 2000-present. Trainee solicitor 2000-02, solicitor 2002-06, associate 2006-09, senior associate 2009-15, partner 2015-present.
Law Society, Investment Property Forum and Leisure Property Forum.
Attended Clifton College. University of Southampton, BSc Politics and International Relations; The College of Law Guildford, Common Professional Examination and Legal Practice Course.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Bristol
- Real estate > Commercial property: Bristol
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Bristol
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employment: Bristol
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- Real estate > Environment
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Private client > Family
- Crime, fraud and licensing > General crime and fraud
- Employment > Health and safety
- Employment > Immigration
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Public sector > Local government
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Employment > Pensions
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Transport > Rail
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport