Beatrice Puoti > Burges Salmon LLP > Bristol, England > Lawyer Profile
Burges Salmon LLP Offices
ONE GLASS WHARF
- Go to...
Tax, Trusts and Family; Private Wealth
Beatrice is the head of Burges Salmon’s Private Wealth sector and a Partner in the firm’s Private Client department.
Beatrice’s primary focus is on international tax, trusts and estate planning for UK and non-UK resident and domiciled clients. She has significantly contributed to the development of the firm’s European tax and trust practice with a particular expertise on Italian issues. Beatrice also has significant experience in advising financial institutions and trustees on international trust and tax matters and on the ownership, structuring and acquisition of UK and non-UK real estate. Beatrice also specialises in cross-boarder estate planning issues with a particular focus on all issues arising from Roman Law and Common Law application.
Beatrice is also ranked as one of the UK legal community’s best lawyers, having received the following accolades:
- 2021 Who’s Who Legal: Private Client
- 2020 eprivateclient 50 Most Influential
- Citywealth Powerwomen Awards 2019: Woman of the Year – Leadership
- The Spear’s Indices Top Recommended Tax & Trust Lawyers 2018
- Citywealth Powerwomen Awards 2017: Inspirational Women of the Year
Trained Burges Salmon; qualified 1999; partner 2005. In-house law at Banco di Napoli.
French, Italian, Spanish.
International Tax Planning Association (ITPA); Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) international sub-committee on cross-border property and succession; STEP EU Committee; Law Society of England and Wales; Private Client Global Elite.
Attended Rome University (Law); University of the West of England (CPE; LPC).
Burges Salmon LLP has a dedicated team that is spread between Bristol and London. It continues to excel at UK landed estate work as it acts for many of the UK’s substantial and best known landed estates and a large slice of the country’s aristocracy. It now also acts for a significant and growing number of the international super-rich and is increasingly involved in some of the most complex international trust restructuring work. Beatrice Puoti and John Barnett co-head the department. The ‘exceptionally great‘ Jim Aveline is recommended for his advice to family businesses as well as international trust companies and banks.
With a varied client base spread across Bristol, London and further afield, Burges Salmon LLP offers a variety of wealth management services. Its strong offering across trust restructurings, complex tax issues and traditional probate matters allows it to offer an ‘exceptionally efficient and innovative’ service. A core area of expertise is the team’s work with landed estates, while its international client base is continuing to grow. Beatrice Puoti and John Barnett co-head the practice, specialising in private client tax work and international tax and estate planning work respectively. Associate Tim Williams works in the taxation of developed land and recently promoted Catherine De Maid focuses on philanthropy and South African clients.
- Leading individuals - South West > Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Personal tax, trusts and probate - South West > Private client
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Bristol
- Real estate > Commercial property: Bristol
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Bristol
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: fraud
- Employment > Employment: Bristol
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- Real estate > Environment
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Private client > Family
- Employment > Health and safety
- Employment > Immigration
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Public sector > Local government
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Employment > Pensions
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Transport > Rail
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport