Patrick Robinson > Burges Salmon LLP > Bristol, England > Lawyer Profile
Burges Salmon LLP Offices
ONE GLASS WHARF
- Go to...
A partner in the firm’s planning unit. Solicitor advocate in the civil courts specialising in all planning issues including negotiation on planning and other infrastructure agreements and appearing as an advocate at planning inquiries; recent projects have included advising Isle of Anglesey on the Wylfa Newydd nuclear power station application and has appeared as advocate in a number of planning inquiries for energy developments. Lectures regularly on planning and compulsory purchase topics to planning professionals.
Trained Havant District Council 1986-88; qualified 1988; worked as a local government solicitor with specific responsibility for planning and heritage legislation at Southampton City Council 1988-1990; joined Burges Salmon 1990; partner Burges Salmon 1995.
Legal associate of the Royal Town Planning Institute; Law Society’s Specialist Planning Panel.
Cycling and clocks.
Lawyer Rankings(Hall of Fame)
Core to Burges Salmon LLP‘s varied offering is its work on the planning and consenting for Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects (NSIPs), including carbon capture and storage plants, improvements to a number of motorways, and extensions to offshore windfarms. The team is additionally well regarded for its expertise in nuclear energy planning, and its ability to handle compulsory purchase orders (CPOs). The Bristol-based team is headed up by Gary Soloman, who counts the compensation aspects of regeneration projects among his areas of expertise. Elizabeth Dunn and Julian Boswall are noted for their NSIP expertise. Boswall, in particular, focuses on energy and transport projects, while Alex Minhinick specialises in compulsory purchase claims. John Arthur, Jen Ashwell and Laura Fuller are further key names to note. Patrick Robinson brings his longstanding planning experience to bear in a full-time consultancy role.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Bristol
- Real estate > Commercial property: Bristol
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Bristol
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employment: Bristol
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- Real estate > Environment
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Private client > Family
- Crime, fraud and licensing > General crime and fraud
- Employment > Health and safety
- Employment > Immigration
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Public sector > Local government
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Employment > Pensions
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport