Mr Peter Crowther > Winston & Strawn LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Winston & Strawn LLP Offices
ONE ROPEMAKER STREET
- Go to...
Mr Peter Crowther
Peter Crowther serves as managing partner of Winston & Strawn LLP’s London and Brussels offices. Widely recognised as a leading competition and trade lawyer, a significant part of his practice involves advising companies in a wide range of cartel and merger proceedings, and associated litigation.
Peter has significant experience of trade/sanction laws, EU merger control, national and international cartels, state aid, free movement and other general EU and competition law. He has a long track record of advising broadcasting and telecommunications companies on regulatory matters and also devises and implements compliance programmes covering areas such as competition, trade/sanctions, bribery and corruption.
Winston & Strawn LLP assists clients with cartel-related issues and also provides regulatory advice. It is also adept at handling potential claims arising from competition law violations. The team has particular expertise in sectors such as insurance, pharmaceuticals, energy and telecoms. The ‘technically excellent’ Peter Crowther, who heads up the department, splits his time between London and Brussels.
Sanctions advice forms the bedrock of Winston & Strawn LLP’s international trade work. The team is adept at handling issues for Japan- and Russia-based clients, among other multinational companies. Peter Crowther, who heads up the department, has significant experience of providing regulatory advice.
US firm Winston & Strawn LLP is particularly strong in the application of competition law to sport, most notably involving rights to commercialise as well as rights to compete. Peter Crowther is managing partner of the firm’s London and Brussels offices and is known for his strengths in EU competition law. In a sporting context, this has involved enabling athletes to commercialise their performance in major sporting events as well as advising Paralympians on their rights to be involved in conventional athletics competitions.
Winston & Strawn LLP undertakes work relating to merger clearances, cross-border defence in cartel investigations, distribution arrangements and competition compliance. The team has significant experience providing regulatory advice in the regulated sectors including pharmaceuticals, energy, insurance and electronic communications. Peter Crowther (‘excellent lawyer, extremely bright’) leads the group.
- EU and competition: trade, WTO anti-dumping and customs - London > Corporate and commercial
- Competition litigation - London > Dispute resolution
- Sport - London > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
- EU and competition - London > Corporate and commercial
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition: trade, WTO anti-dumping and customs
- Finance > Bank lending: investment grade debt and syndicated loans
- Dispute resolution > Competition litigation
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Corporate and commercial > Private equity: transactions - mid-market deals (up to £250m)
- Finance > Transport finance and leasing
- Transport > Aviation
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: contentious
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: premium
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition