Winston & Strawn LLP > Hong Kong, Hong Kong > Firm Profile
Winston & Strawn LLP Offices
42ND FLOOR, BANK OF CHINA TOWER
1 GARDEN ROAD
CENTRAL, HONG KONG
Winston & Strawn LLP > The Legal 500 RankingsWinston & Strawn LLP works collaboratively across multiple offices on cases concerning trade secrets, breach of contracts, non-competes, and other restrictive covenants. In Texas, Houston-based co-head John Keville and Sheryl Falk are noted for their respective expertise in mechanical engineering and computer forensics, while Dallas-based Tom Melsheimer is a seasoned trial lawyer with considerable experience in intellectual property, business torts, and False Claims Act litigation. Practice co-head David Enzminger , who regularly represents clients in the telecommunications, computer hardware and software, and manufacturing sectors, works primarily out of the firm’s Los Angeles office. Chicago-based internal investigation specialist Steven Grimes is also recommended.
John Keville; David Enzminger; Steven Grimes
Other key lawyers:
Sheryl Falk; Cori Hochbaum; Tom Melsheimer
‘Very knowledgeable, experienced, and detail-oriented.’
‘Sheryl Falk and Cori Hochbaum are outstanding lawyers, very hard working, detail oriented, and a pleasure to work with all around.’
- Representing M-I LLLC in a copyright infringement and misappropriation of trade secrets case against two former employees and their new employer relating to a suite of engineering application tools for the exploration and development of oil and gas wells.
- Advised a global medical device manufacturing company on a trade secret and information security audit to evaluate current practices and advise on best practices to bolster protections around key assets.
- Represented Lean Focus LLC in a misappropriation of trade secrets and breach of contract case filed in the Western District of Wisconsin by Danaher Corporation against its former employee, Damon Baker, and his start up consulting company, Lean Focus LLC.
Netfin Acquisition Corp.
Weiye Holdings Limited
Strong Petroleum Holdings Limited
Zhongying Int’l Holding Group Limited
China Youzan Limited
Link-Asia International Co. Ltd.
Meilleure Health International Industry Group Limited
- Acted for Diginex Limited in its business combination with 8i Enterprises Acquisition Corp.
- Advised Netfin Acquisition Corp. on its business combination with Triterras Fintech Pte Ltd.
- Advised Weiye Holdings Limited in its very substantial disposal of the entire interest in its subsidiary which is a project company engaged in an urban renewal project in Huizhou city, Guangdong.
Winston & Strawn LLP > Firm Profile
For more than 160 years, Winston has served as a trusted adviser and advocate to companies in a broad array of industries. The firm has built a law practice with tremendous breadth and a global presence across the North America, South America, Europe, and Asia, with 16 offices located in major business centres around the world.
With attorneys based in Hong Kong and Shanghai, Winston’s team in Asia brings together a wealth of experience in the laws of Hong Kong, mainland China, Taiwan, and other jurisdictions across Asia. Our attorneys stay abreast of the fast-changing legal and regulatory environment across the region, particularly in Greater China, and are adept at translating the local laws and regulations to actionable advice for international companies.
Since 2008, Winston’s Hong Kong team has been assisting public and private companies, leading financial institutions, private equity and investment funds, investors and emerging companies, in cross- border matters ranging from mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, private equity, investment funds, corporate governance, equity and debt capital market transactions, restructurings, and distressed acquisitions. The firm has one of the most active SPAC practices in Asia, representing promoters, underwriters, investors, and targets in the initial public offerings and business combinations of special purpose acquisition companies.
Working closely with attorneys at Yuanda China Law Offices, the firm’s strategic alliance partner in China, we offer a truly integrated offering of Hong Kong, mainland Chinese, US, and English law capabilities.
|Dispute Resolution; Litigation; Compliance||Steve Grimesfirstname.lastname@example.org||+852 2292 2138|
|Corporate/M&A; Private Equity||Simon Lukemail@example.com||+852 2292 2222|
|Intellectual Property||Gino Chengfirstname.lastname@example.org||+852 2292 2218|
|Capital Markets||David Chengemail@example.com||+852 2292 2215|