Nicholas Bugler > Willkie Farr & Gallagher (UK) LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Willkie Farr & Gallagher (UK) LLP Offices
1 ROPEMAKER STREET
- Firm Profile
- Go to...
Corporate & Financial Services
Nicholas Bugler is a partner in the Corporate & Financial Services Department and the Insurance Transactional and Regulatory Practice Group in London.. He advises on a wide range of issues affecting the international insurance and reinsurance industries. He advises both insurance and reinsurance companies, insurance general agents and investors of all types. Recently, he has had a particular focus on the intersection of the reinsurance and capital markets industries.
University of Sussex, M.A., 1983; University of Bristol, B.A. (honors), 1982
London > Insurance > Insurance: corporate and regulatory
US firm Willkie Farr & Gallagher (UK) LLP‘s London team supports clients across the full spectrum of the insurance corporate and regulatory sector, including on cross-border M&A, longevity reinsurance transactions, ILS structures, regulatory advice and restructurings. The team also handles bancassurance and international distribution transactions, insurance portfolio transfers and legacy deals as well as private equity investments in insurance. The London team dovetails effectively with US-based colleagues in New York and San Francisco. Hugely experienced practice head Joseph Ferraro is recommended for handling corporate insurance issues. Andrew Tromans acts for life and non-life insurance companies, often working on Part VII transfers, policy wordings, FSA and EU regulatory matters. Nicholas Bugler, Kirsty Maclean and Jennifer Tait are further key team members. The practice has been bolstered by the arrivals of Melanie James and Tim Baumgartner from DLA Piper in January 2022.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Risk advisory > Regulatory investigations and corporate crime (advice to corporates)
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Dispute resolution > Competition litigation
- Finance > Debt capital markets
- Finance > High yield
- Finance > Acquisition finance
- Finance > Corporate restructuring & insolvency
- Corporate and commercial > Equity capital markets – mid-large cap
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Investment fund formation and management > Private funds
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Corporate and commercial > Private equity: transactions – high-value deals (£250m+)
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration