White & Case LLP (Foreign Legal Consultant Office) > Seoul, South Korea > Firm Profile
White & Case LLP (Foreign Legal Consultant Office) Offices
31F One IFC, 10 Gukjegeumyung-ro
White & Case LLP (Foreign Legal Consultant Office) > The Legal 500 RankingsWhite & Case LLP (Foreign Legal Consultant Office) leverages its global network of offices to advise its wide-ranging client base of Korean and international companies. Dongho Lee has extensive experience advising conglomerates and private equity firms on strategic alliances and joint ventures and is head of the Seoul practice. Won Sun Jung is another key practitioner who advises companies on overseas expansion.
‘The team delivered an excellent product, and organic collaboration between their international offices, maximizing synergy with the experts over the global office.’
‘Our major contact in White & Case is partner Dongho Lee. He has worked with our company for long time with consistant professionalism. We worked with him in various topics, in M&A category – IPO, Funding, Mergering and etc. He gave us what we needed in every project within the proper time and with a sincere manner. Also flexible with what client needed.’
Green Cross Holdings
Korea Electric Power Corporation (KEPCO)
- Represented the Carlyle Group on its $200m strategic investment and partnership between Carlyle Asia Partners V and KB Financial Group Inc., Korea’s largest bank.
- Represented Green Cross in relation to Artiva Biotherapeutics’ $78m Series A financing from 5AM Ventures, venBio Partners and RA Capital Management. Green Cross is the founder and controlling shareholder of Artiva.
- Represented SK Networks Co., Ltd. in connection with its investment in a $60m Series B financing by Chai Pay Holding Company Pte. Ltd., one of the leading payment technology companies in Korea.
Other key lawyers:
Ministry of Justice, Republic of Korea
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Rpresenting the Republic of Korea in two investment arbitrations: as respondent in a UNCITRAL arbitration under the US-Korea Free Trade Agreement, administered by the PCA and seated in Singapore; and as respondent in an investor-state dispute under UNCITRAL rules arising out of the investment by Schindler, the Switzerland-based manufacturer of escalators, moving walkways and elevators, in Hyundai Elevators, one of the largest elevator manufacturers in South Korea.
- Representing the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in an ICSID arbitration brought against the Kingdom by Samsung Engineering, a major Korean contractor. The claim arose under the bilateral investment treaty between the Republic of Korea and the Kingdom.
Other key lawyers:
‘I think renowed international law firm’s capability levels are more or less similar. What makes a difference to the client would be, in the end, the performance and attitude of individuals. Satisfied with W&C which has extensive experiences and knowledge especially in the sector we were engaged in and believe their performance was certainly worthy for what we have paid.’
‘Sarah Park. She has excellently performed her work as the main lawyer and contact point in the Indonesian transation. Very proactive and responsive not to mention experienced and having expertise. successfully provided tailor-made advice by informing what we shall know and check.’
‘White & Case’s team provided the best legal service. Especially, they organised a great team which consisted of excellent lawyers with various expertise. Plus, their teamwork and collaboration were so great that they were effectively able to create an invincible synergy.’
‘They were very considerate. Whenever they prepared legal documents or legal solutions to us, they made every effort to carefully check out if their outcomes truly included everything we had requested.’
Saudi Arabian Oil Company (Saudi Aramco)
The Export-Import Bank of Korea (KEXIM)
Korea Trade Insurance Corporation (K-Sure)
Korea Electric Power Corporation (KEPCO)
Korea Hydro & Nuclear Power Co., Ltd.
Alpha Asset Management
Sprott Korea Investment
Hana Financial Investment
Korea Investment & Securities
Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners (CIP)
Korea Development Bank
Korea Midland Power Co., Ltd. (KOMIPO)
- Advised KEPCO on the acquisition and project financing of the Jawa 9 & 10 IPP in Indonesia.
- Advised a consortium of Korean investors, consisting of Korea Hydro & Nuclear Power Co., Ltd., Alpha Asset Management, Sprott Korea Investment, Hana Financial Investment and Korea Investment & Securities, in connection with an acquisition of a 49.9% cash equity interest in a portfolio of four wind projects in the US totalling 852 MWs, located in Texas, Illinois and Nebraska.
- Advised KOMIPO on the acquisition of a 100% equity interest in a solar project in South Texas, USA.
White & Case LLP (Foreign Legal Consultant Office) > Firm Profile
White & Case is an international law firm that serves companies, governments and financial institutions. Our long history as a global firm means we are uniquely placed to help our clients resolve their most complex legal challenges wherever they are.
Learn about the breadth of our industry experience
Explore how we deliver results for our clients
Discover where we work with our clients globally
Trends in German commercial litigationClimate change, data protection and cybersecurity litigation, as well as collective redress, are major trends and will have significant impact on key industries in Germany.
United States: Environment
Published: January 2022
Authors: Seth Kerschner Taylor Pullins Brittany Curcuru
This country-specific Q&A provides an overview to Environment laws and regulations that may occur in United States.
Germany: Enforcement of Judgments in Civil and Commercial Matters
Published: August 2022
Authors: Markus Langen Dominik Stier Kristof Waldenberger
This country-specific Q&A provides an overview to Enforcement of Judgments in Civil and Commercial Matters laws and regulations that may occur in Germany.
Mexico: Banking & Finance
Published: March 2022
Authors: Carlos Mainero Andrés Mosqueira Wilbert Luna Arellanes Viridiana Alanis
This country-specific Q&A provides an overview to Banking & Finance laws and regulations that may occur in Mexico.
Published: February 2022
Authors: Juan Antonio Martín Vicente Corta Simon Micha
This country-specific Q&A provides an overview to Securitisation laws and regulations that may occur in Mexico.
United States: Merger Control
Published: October 2022
Authors: Anna Kertesz Tamer Nagy Heather P. Greenfield Gabriela Baca
This country-specific Q&A provides an overview to Merger Control laws and regulations that may occur in United States.
Mexico: International Arbitration
Published: November 2022
Authors: Rodrigo Zamora Isaac Granados Banda Ana Sofía Guerrero Balderas
This country-specific Q&A provides an overview to International Arbitration laws and regulations that may occur in Mexico.
France: Restructuring & Insolvency
Published: June 2022
Authors: Saam Golshani Alexis A. Hojabr Alice Leonard Amélie Jungbluth Ophélie Clain
This country-specific Q&A provides an overview to Restructuring & Insolvency laws and regulations that may occur in France.
Mexico: Renewable Energy
Published: May 2022
Authors: Francisco de Rosenzweig José Daniel Franco
This country-specific Q&A provides an overview to Renewable Energy laws and regulations that may occur in Mexico.