Mr Hugo Barreto Sodre Leal > Cescon, Barrieu, Flesch & Barreto Advogados > Sao Paulo, Brazil > Lawyer Profile
Cescon, Barrieu, Flesch & Barreto Advogados Offices
RUA FUNCHAL, 418
04551-060 SAO PAULO, SP
- Go to...
Mr Hugo Barreto Sodre Leal
Tax, specially litigation, and Estate Planning
He represents foreign and domestic clients, advising in disputes involving federal, state and municipal taxes, in the administrative and judicial scope. He also provides tax advisory involving estate planning, domestic and cross-border transactions.
Portuguese and English.
Bar Admission: Brazil.
He holds a degree in Law (LLB) from Law School of University of Bahia (UFBA), he holds a Masters’ degree in Tax Law by Pontifícia Universidade Católica de São Paulo (PUC) and a Masters’ degree in International Tax Law by New York University School of Law (NYU). Mr. Leal is the author of the book “Responsabilidade Tributária na Aquisição do Estabelecimento Empresarial” (Tax Liability in Acquiring the Corporate Establishment) (Quartier Latin, 2007), in which he discusses the intricacies of the buyer’s liabilities deriving from the acquisition of business enterprises or establishments.
Cescon, Barrieu, Flesch & Barreto Advogados has built a quality tax team, offering a good balance of youth and experience. The advisory side has expanded following the partnership promotions of Renato Batiston and Rafael Santos. The tax litigation arm was also strengthened through the recruitment of Aldo de Paula Junior and Rio-based André Alves de Melo from Azevedo Sette Advogados and Gaia Silva Gaede Advogados, respectively. The versatile Roberto Barrieu leads the practice, which includes litigation head Hugo Barreto Sodre Leal and indirect tax and trade expert Sarah Mila Barbassa. Clients from across several key sectors, including energy, pharmaceuticals and consumer goods, trust the firm on their most complex contentious and non-contentious tax issues.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Capital markets
- Corporate and M&A
- City focus - Salvador > Leading firms
- Energy and natural resources > Mining
- City focus - Belo Horizonte > Natural resources and regulation
- Banking and finance
- City focus - Belo Horizonte > Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Competition and antitrust
- Energy and natural resources > Hydrocarbons
- City focus - Belo Horizonte > Labour
- Projects and infrastructure
- City focus - Belo Horizonte > Dispute resolution
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- Dispute resolution: Litigation
- Energy and natural resources > Electricity
- City focus - Brasilia > Government relations
- Labour and employment
- Real estate
- Restructuring and insolvency
- City focus - Belo Horizonte > Tax
- TMT: Tech, innovation and digital business
- Transport and shipping