Benjamin O. Williams > Vedder Price > Chicago, United States > Lawyer Profile
Vedder Price Offices
222 NORTH LASALLE STREET, SUITE 2600
CHICAGO, IL 60601-1003
- Go to...
Benjamin O. Williams
Finance & Transactions
Mr. Williams advises clients on a variety of transactional and general corporate matters, including advising private equity firms, family offices, independent sponsors, private companies (including operating companies acquired by search funds, i.e., entrepreneurship through acquisition), public companies in mergers, stock acquisitions, asset acquisitions (in each case representing both buyers and sellers in domestic and cross-border transactions), auctions, divestitures, 363 transactions, restructurings, leveraged and management buyouts, recapitalizations and venture capital transactions, debt and equity offerings (including Rule 144A and Regulation S offerings), private equity fund formations, joint ventures, co-investments and minority investments. He advises physicians on contractual matters, medical practices, multispecialty practices, dental practices and other health care business lines, private equity firms in healthcare transactions, as well as Management Services Organizations. He also counsels corporations, limited liability companies and partnerships on formation and governance issues and securities rules and regulations, including preparation and review of SEC filings in addition to negotiating commercial, vendor and customer contracts for clients including licensing agreements, distribution agreements and supply, manufacturing and development agreements.
After receiving his undergraduate degree, Mr. Williams served as a management consultant for Deloitte Consulting LLP, where he led teams that worked with a variety of Fortune 500 and other clients in consumer packaged goods, manufacturing, health care (health care providers and health plans), government and other industries. Prior to entering private practice, he worked in private equity in the investments business unit of Capri Capital Partners, LLC. Prior to joining Vedder Price, Mr. Williams was an associate at an Am Law 100 firm in Chicago.
- Northwestern University School of Law, J.D., 2009
- Northwestern University, M.B.A., 2009
- Northwestern University, B.S., 2001
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
Vedder Price operates across a broad variety of corporate transactions, namely M&A, spin-offs, divestitures, going-private deals, leveraged buyouts, asset purchases, tenders and exchange offers. Practce head Michael Nemeroff is highly skilled in respect of corporate governance and executive compensation arrangements, while Shelby Parnes provides the group with investment activity, privatee placement, joint venture and minority investment knowhow. Benjamin O. Williams is an integral member of the group, delivering distinguished proficiency in the healthcare and maritime sectors.
- Next Generation Partners - United States > M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m) - United States > M&A/corporate and commercial
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Land use/zoning
- Industry focus > Transport: aviation and air travel - finance
- Industry focus > Transport: rail and road - finance
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Industry focus > Transport: shipping - finance
- Labor and employment > Labor-management relations
- Investment fund formation and management > Mutual/registered/exchange-traded funds
- Labor and employment > Workplace and employment counseling
- Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design
- Labor and employment > Labor and employment disputes (including collective actions): defense
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense