Randall M. Lending > Vedder Price > Chicago, United States > Lawyer Profile
Vedder Price Offices
222 NORTH LASALLE STREET, SUITE 2600
CHICAGO, IL 60601-1003
- Go to...
Randall M. Lending
Mr. Lending has extensive jury trial, bench trial, arbitration and class action experience in defending suits alleging securities violations, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, fraud, directors and officers liability, and tort liability. He also has substantial experience in emergency injunctive proceedings in both state and federal courts involving restrictive covenants, misappropriation of trade secrets and unfair competition. Mr. Lending also routinely represents shareholders in complex shareholder disputes, as well as buyers and sellers of businesses in disputes arising from the sale of businesses. He regularly defends financial institutions, mutual funds, independent directors of mutual funds, insurance companies, brokerage firms, investment advisers, hedge funds, manufacturing companies, trucking companies and directors and officers in a variety of commercial and tort litigation matters and arbitrations, including regulatory enforcement actions brought by the FDIC, SEC, CFTC, FINRA and other regulators.
In addition to his litigation experience, Mr. Lending regularly advises corporations on how to safeguard corporate assets, including protecting customer relationships and confidential information. Mr. Lending also counsels clients regarding regulatory compliance matters. He is skilled in alternative dispute resolution techniques, including arbitrations and mediations.
Mr. Lending is a member of the United States Supreme Court Bar and the Federal Trial Bar, as well as a member of the Illinois State and Chicago Bar Associations. He is licensed in Illinois and Missouri.
- Member, U.S. Supreme Court Bar Association
- Member, Federal Trial Bar
- Member, Illinois State Bar Association
- Member, Chicago Bar Association
- Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D., 1988
- University of Michigan, B.A., 1985, with honors and high distinction, Honors Program
The Chicago office of Vedder Price is particularly strong in SEC and DOJ investigations and enforcement actions, offering ‘outstanding securities litigators with vast experience‘. The group frequently defends publicly traded companies, officers and directors, board committees and auditors in federal and state court securities actions. Among its clients are commercial banks, investment banks, broker-dealers, investment advisers, mutual funds, private equity funds, hedge funds and real estate investment trusts. Thomas Cimino, who successfully represented a former director of accounting for publicly traded Roadrunner Transportation Systems, Inc. following a two-and-a-half week trial, and Randall M. Lending are the lead partners. Regulatory enforcement specialist Junaid A. Zubairi is ‘a very practical and effective advocate‘.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Land use/zoning
- Industry focus > Transport: aviation and air travel - finance
- Industry focus > Transport: rail and road - finance
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Industry focus > Transport: shipping - finance
- Labor and employment > Labor-management relations
- Investment fund formation and management > Mutual/registered/exchange-traded funds
- Labor and employment > Workplace and employment counseling
- Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design
- Labor and employment > Labor and employment disputes (including collective actions): defense
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense