Eugene A. Boyle > Vedder Price > Chicago, United States > Lawyer Profile
Vedder Price Offices
222 NORTH LASALLE STREET, SUITE 2600
CHICAGO, IL 60601-1003
- Go to...
Eugene A. Boyle
Labor and Employment
Mr. Boyle counsels and defends companies nationally in all facets of labor and employment law, regularly advising employers across many industries on a broad spectrum of employment law issues. Mr. Boyle has significant experience in the areas of traditional labor law and labor-management relations. He has negotiated many collective bargaining agreements and regularly provides advice with respect to contract administration and grievance-handling. He has handled numerous labor arbitrations, unfair labor practice and representation cases before the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) and injunction proceedings in state and federal courts. He also provides guidance to employers who desire to remain union-free and has handled numerous union organizing and decertification campaigns.
Another focus of Mr. Boyle’s practice is compliance with employment regulations at the federal, state and local levels, including training and policy development, wage and hour law compliance, workforce reduction planning, and navigating state and federal plant closing laws. He also has extensive experience negotiating complex employment agreements, separation agreements, outsourcing agreements and non-compete and confidentiality agreements.
When called for, Mr. Boyle’s practice also includes dispute resolution. He has litigated employment claims all across the country on behalf of management, and successfully defended employers in both single-plaintiff and multi-plaintiff cases involving employment discrimination claims, FMLA, wage and hour claims, retaliatory discharge claims, breach of contract claims and various other employment-related claims.
Mr. Boyle is a frequent speaker and has lectured on a variety of employment law and traditional labor topics.
- Member, American Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section
- Member, American Bar Association, Committee on Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Contributing Author, Labor Law Handbook, Illinois Institute of Continuing Legal Education
- Washington University School of Law, J.D., 1986
- Lawrence University, B.A., 1983
Vedder Price advises clients on sensitive employment matters and policy development, routinely working with clients to help them proactively and effectively address workplace claims or risks and identify areas for improvement. The team is led by Elizabeth N. Hall, while Kenneth F. Sparks has worked in all aspects of healthcare claims. Patrick W. Spangler and shareholder Eugene A. Boyle primarily work with manufacturing companies. All lawyers mentioned are based in Chicago.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Land use/zoning
- Industry focus > Transport: aviation and air travel - finance
- Industry focus > Transport: rail and road - finance
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Industry focus > Transport: shipping - finance
- Labor and employment > Labor-management relations
- Investment fund formation and management > Mutual/registered/exchange-traded funds
- Labor and employment > Workplace and employment counseling
- Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design
- Labor and employment > Labor and employment disputes (including collective actions): defense
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense