Nils Müller > Eversheds Sutherland > Munich, Germany > Lawyer Profile
Eversheds Sutherland Offices
BRIENNER STRASSE 12
- Go to...
Nils is a Senior Associate in the in the commercial practice group at Eversheds Deutschland LLP in Munich. He primarily advises clients from all industries in the areas of IT, data protection and general commercial laws aspects, in particular in connection with international projects.
He has extensive experience in commercial contracting, licensing and IT matters as well as compliance & regulatory issues. He focuses on clients from the Life Sciences, industrial engineering and IT industry. Nils joined Eversheds in 2011. Prior he worked for a product liability boutique law firm in San Francisco, USA.
Nils' recent experience includes:
- National as well as international data transfer projects (e.g. the implementation of cloud based HRIS and CRM systems) for various international clients from all industries.
- Date privacy advise re the introduction of a new product with sensible impact on personal data, including negotiations with data protection authorities.
- Implementation of a new ERP solution, including drafting of agreements and data protection compliance, for one of the world's largest motorcycle and car manufacturers.
- Litigation regarding the roll-out and implementation of a new e-commerce platform for one of the leading industrial photo finishers in Europe.
- Data transfer agreements, data processing agreements for the intra group data transfer of a US-based food production company;
- Compliance programmes under data protection law (including day-to-day data protection questions as well as the implementation of privacy policies) for an international pharmaceutical company.
- E-commerce rollout (including localisation of contracts) for major British and US-based retailers.
On-going data protection and IT law advice in connection with transactions, including due diligence processes.
Nils has passed the theoretical part of his qualification as specialized attorney for IT law in 2014. He regularly publishes IT articles for com! professional.
Deutschland > Informationstechnologie > Datenschutz
Bei Eversheds Sutherland fokussiert sich die datenschutzrechtliche Beratung auf Compliance, Datentransfer (ermöglicht durch die hohe Internationalität der Kanzlei) und Datenschutzverstöße. Auch die Schnittstelle zum kollektiven Arbeitsrecht kann die Praxis dank der großen, arbeitsrechtlichen Fachgruppe sehr gut bedienen. Um die datenschutzrelevanten Themen kümmern sich Praxisleiter Alexander Niethammer und Counsel Nils Müller, die beide im Münchener Büro ansässig sind.
Germany > Information technology > Data protection
Eversheds Sutherland has notable expertise handling cross-border projects – with a recent focus on GDPR implementation in large compliance projects – but also provides general advice on data protection management and international data transfer. The firm is assisting Aspen Pharma with GDPR implementation involving over 19 European locations and US thermal management company Modine with GDPR implementation in all of its European locations, including advice on its acquisition of the business group Luvata and the introduction of a data protection compliance system. In the context of transactions, the team also advised Nasdaq-listed US REIT CyrusOne on data protection and IT law aspects during its acquisition of Zenium’s data processing centre. Another focus is data protection advice concerning the design and development of digital products and business models as well as cybersecurity. Alexander Niethammer, who has particular industry expertise in the automotive sector, is assisting Autoliv with the data protection evaluation of offered products in the area of autonomous driving and with IT-security measures. The team is also advising Philip Morris on the implementation of the GDPR particularly with regard to employee data protection, which is another area of expertise; the group is handling a similar matter for new client Rohde & Schwarz. Lutz Schreiber continues to act for key client Microsoft. Nils Müller was promoted to counsel in May 2018.