Marie O'Riordan > Eversheds Sutherland > Dublin, Ireland > Lawyer Profile
Eversheds Sutherland Offices
ONE EARLSFORT CENTRE
- Go to...
Marie is a partner in the Real Estate team at Eversheds Sutherland Ireland. She has extensive experience in all areas of commercial real estate law and commercial leases. Marie acts for a wide range of private and institutional investors, developers and banks in the acquisition and disposal of commercial real estate, commercial lettings, lending and property management matters. Marie has acted for a number of leading Irish and international investors in the acquisition and disposal of significant commercial properties, focussing in particular on the acquisition and disposal of high value office, private rented sector (PRS) schemes and retail properties. She regularly advises clients on complex commercial leases and real estate transactions and regularly works with our banking team providing real estate support on the re-structuring/re-finance of property assets. Marie is recognised as a Next Generation Lawyer in Legal 500.
Marie’s recent experience includes:
• acting for the developer/landlord in an agreement for the lease of in excess of 400,000 sq ft of office space at Spencer Place, Dublin to the US cloud computing company, Salesforce, the largest ever lease deal in Ireland and in an agreement for lease of a new hotel within the same development to a leading Irish hotel chain;
• acting for a leading Irish residential developer in the forward sales of two significant PRS schemes in the Greater Dublin areas, with deals values of approx. €53.5 million and €94 million; and
• acting as the lead real estate advisor in the 2019 development finance transaction between a leading Irish developer and a syndicate of Irish banks led by Bank of Ireland.
Partner, Real Estate
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
The real estate team at Eversheds Sutherland‘s Dublin office ‘goes above and beyond in its level of service’. The experienced group is a popular choice for complex real estate transactions in the Irish market. Led by practice head Joseph Stanley, the practice advises on transactions, investments, and landlord and tenant matters across the island of Ireland. Marie O’Riordan is another key name; she acts for investors on acquisitions and disposals. Cian MacGinley is also noted.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance
- Capital markets
- Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Data privacy and data protection
- Dispute resolution
- Energy and natural resources
- Healthcare and life sciences
- Information technology
- Insolvency and corporate restructuring
- Planning and environment
- Public sector
- EU and competition
- Intellectual property
- Investment funds