Cian MacGinley > Eversheds Sutherland > Dublin, Ireland > Lawyer Profile
Eversheds Sutherland Offices
ONE EARLSFORT CENTRE
- Go to...
Cian is a Partner in the Real Estate Department in Eversheds Sutherland.
Cian has extensive and practical experience in all areas of commercial real estate law and commercial leasing and has a particular expertise in both planning law and environmental law. Cian acts for some of the largest and most prestigious international and indigenous investors and developers on:
- the acquisition, disposal and management of Irish property, including site assembly;
- the development and financing of property assets;
- the negotiation of complex real estate transactions and commercial lease deals (office, retail, leisure, hotels) for landlords and tenants alike;
- the re-structuring of property assets; and
- title review, planning law and environmental law.
Cian's recent experience includes:
- Lead legal advisor on a complex acquisition of a fully let office block in Harbourmaster Place, IFSC, Dublin.
- Advising a US private investment fund on the acquisition of Greenstar waste management company.
- Advising a REIT on the acquisition of two let office blocks in Dublin for circa €90m.
- Advising an indigenous property developer on a range of legal issues from site acquisition, design team appointments / collateral warranties and development to completing a pre-let deal with Aldi.
Partner, Real Estate
The real estate team at Eversheds Sutherland‘s Dublin office ‘goes above and beyond in its level of service’. The experienced group is a popular choice for complex real estate transactions in the Irish market. Led by practice head Joseph Stanley, the practice advises on transactions, investments, and landlord and tenant matters across the island of Ireland. Marie O’Riordan is another key name; she acts for investors on acquisitions and disposals. Cian MacGinley is also noted.
The ‘very professional’ planning and environment team at Eversheds Sutherland is co-led by Stephen Barry, Mark Varian, Cian MacGinley and Peter Curran. Key recent work includes defending Kitara in class action proceedings relating to allegations of pyritic heave in a large residential complex in Dublin, acting for Spencer Place Development Company in proceedings that arose from the alleged disposal of hazardous waste at a waste facility, and representing a high-profile client in a planning injunction and associated nuisance claim. Kevin Collins left for Pinsent Masons LLP.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance
- Capital markets
- Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Data privacy and data protection
- Dispute resolution
- Energy and natural resources
- Healthcare and life sciences
- Information technology
- Insolvency and corporate restructuring
- Planning and environment
- Public sector
- EU and competition
- Intellectual property
- Investment funds