Joanne Hyde > Eversheds Sutherland > Dublin, Ireland > Lawyer Profile
Eversheds Sutherland Offices
ONE EARLSFORT CENTRE
- Go to...
Joanne is a Partner and Head of the Employment Law Department of Eversheds Sutherland Ireland.
Joanne is a pragmatic and business focused employment lawyer. Her experience as in-house employment lawyer for Intel Corporation, one of Ireland’s leading multi-national employers has given her a strong insight into the HR concerns and complexities facing clients. In addition, Joanne has many years’ experience advising both international and indigenous clients on a wide range of employment and industrial relations issues. Her comprehensive experience includes advising on employment law challenges arising from commercial transactions, employment disputes and litigation as well as providing strategic and proactive advice on HR issues.
Joanne’s recent experience includes:
- Advising HR professionals and senior management (both in Ireland and across Europe) on contentious and non-contentious employment issues, including recruitment, dismissals, redundancies, transfers of business, industrial relations, contingent workers, privacy, equality, contractual issues, performance and absentee management and terms and conditions of employment.
- Developing HR policies, procedures and guidelines, devising redundancy strategies and managing large scale redundancies across Europe.
- Defending employment litigation actions, including equality claims, stress at work actions and unfair dismissal claims.
- Devising and conducting audits into stress at work issues and implementing risk mitigating actions.
Partner, Head of Employment
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Eversheds Sutherland‘s ‘extremely knowledgeable‘ employment team handles a broad cross-section of complex matters, including those involving whistleblowing, the enforcement of restrictive covenants and allegations of racial discrimination and sexual harassment. In addition, the firm advises on redundancies and provides ongoing support to a number of corporate clients. Joanne Hyde, who is a former chair of the Employment and Equality Law Committee of the Law Society, leads the practice. Julie Galbraith, who made partner in January 2020, is praised for her ‘great emotional intelligence’ and ‘very approachable style’.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance
- Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Data privacy and data protection
- Dispute resolution
- Energy and natural resources
- Healthcare and life sciences
- Information technology
- Insolvency and corporate restructuring
- Planning and environment
- Public sector
- White-collar crime
- Capital markets
- EU and competition
- Intellectual property
- Investment funds