Peter Fahy > Eversheds Sutherland > Dublin, Ireland > Lawyer Profile
Eversheds Sutherland Offices
ONE EARLSFORT CENTRE
- Go to...
Peter is Head of Eversheds Sutherland Irish Pensions Group. He is acknowledged as a leading expert on pensions law and speaks regularly on pensions law both to academic institutions and at industry conferences. He comments regularly on pensions issues for television and radio.
Peter is a former Chairman of the Irish Association of Pension Funds and is a former chairman of the Law Reform Committee of the Law Society of Ireland and a former Council member of the Association of Pensions Lawyers in Ireland.
He has chaired a number of prominent regulatory committees, including the International Committee of the Irish Association of Pension Funds and the Law Reform Committee of the Law Society.
Peter‘s experience includes:
- Advising AIB plc on the pension aspects of its flotation and on a number of market leading transactions and innovations concerning its defined benefit and defined contribution pension arrangements
- Advising on a number of major pension de-risking transactions, including a €400 million collateralised insurance transaction and a €300 million captive annuity transaction, and several cross-border transactions
- Advising on the establishment of an innovative cross-border pension scheme with a multi-employer structure
Partner, Head of Pensions
Lawyer Rankings(Hall of Fame)
Eversheds Sutherland advises on the establishment and freezing of pension schemes, as well as assisting with pension matters arising from mergers and demergers. It also advises on issues related to master trusts, recently acting for DXC technology on an accrual freeze of a defined benefit master trust. The practice is led by Peter Fahy, who has ‘unparalleled experience‘. Senior consultant Fiona Thornton is also a key contact in the ‘very strong team’. Lorcan Keenan joined from A&L Goodbody in January 2019. Ian Devlin is now with William Fry.
- Hall of Fame - Ireland > Pensions and employee benefits
- Leading individuals - Ireland > Pensions and employee benefits
- Pensions and employee benefits - Ireland
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance
- Capital markets
- Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Data privacy and data protection
- Dispute resolution
- Energy and natural resources
- Healthcare and life sciences
- Information technology
- Insolvency and corporate restructuring
- Planning and environment
- Public sector
- EU and competition
- Intellectual property
- Investment funds