Peter Fahy > Eversheds Sutherland > Dublin, Ireland > Lawyer Profile
Eversheds Sutherland Offices
ONE EARLSFORT CENTRE
- Go to...
Peter is Head of Eversheds Sutherland Irish Pensions Group. He is acknowledged as a leading expert on pensions law and speaks regularly on pensions law both to academic institutions and at industry conferences. He comments regularly on pensions issues for television and radio.
Peter is a former Chairman of the Irish Association of Pension Funds and is a former chairman of the Law Reform Committee of the Law Society of Ireland and a former Council member of the Association of Pensions Lawyers in Ireland.
He has chaired a number of prominent regulatory committees, including the International Committee of the Irish Association of Pension Funds and the Law Reform Committee of the Law Society.
Peter‘s experience includes:
- Advising AIB plc on the pension aspects of its flotation and on a number of market leading transactions and innovations concerning its defined benefit and defined contribution pension arrangements
- Advising on a number of major pension de-risking transactions, including a €400 million collateralised insurance transaction and a €300 million captive annuity transaction, and several cross-border transactions
- Advising on the establishment of an innovative cross-border pension scheme with a multi-employer structure
Partner, Head of Pensions
Lawyer Rankings(Hall of Fame)
Led by Peter Fahy, Eversheds Sutherland’s team handles both contentious and non-contentious pension matters. It covers all types of pensions restructuring and liability management matters. The team also advises on the closure of pension schemes to future benefit accrual, enhanced transfer value exercises, pensions de-risking, investment contracts, funding agreements and data protection issues. Lorcan Keenan has a comprehensive knowledge of defined benefit scheme restructurings and pensions implications of corporate transactions.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance
- Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Data privacy and data protection
- Dispute resolution
- Energy and natural resources
- Healthcare and life sciences
- Information technology
- Insolvency and corporate restructuring
- Planning and environment
- Public sector
- White-collar crime
- Capital markets
- EU and competition
- Intellectual property
- Investment funds