Clint Dempsey > Eversheds Sutherland LLP > Dubai, United Arab Emirates > Lawyer Profile
Eversheds Sutherland LLP Offices
PO BOX 74980
EMAAR SQUARE - BUILDING 6
LEVEL 8, UNIT 803, BURJ KHALIFA
United Arab Emirates
- Go to...
Clint is Head of the Eversheds Banking and Finance team in the UAE. He deals with all aspects of banking and finance including: trade finance, project finance, real estate and development finance, acquisition finance, Islamic finance, asset based lending and private equity.
He acts for a range of international and Middle East financial institutions as well as advising borrowers on their loan and security documentation.
Clint regularly speaks at conferences about clean energy project financing in the Middle East.
His recent experience includes acting for:
- a syndicate of international banks on the $350m syndicated refinancing of a global hotel group;
- a regional borrower in relation to $120m facilities to be provided a several Middle East lender on a bilateral basis;
- a Middle East Bank on a $25m secured receivables financing facility made available to a borrower in Dubai;
- an international bank in Dubai providing $120m working capital facilities to a borrower in Bahrain;
- a global developer in relation to the 100MW DEWA solar IPP bid in Dubai;
- a Middle East financier on a $20m Wakala trade agency agreement;
- a financier in a $150m syndicated Murabaha and Mudaraba, led by the Islamic Trade Finance Corporation, financing a regional sovereign entity;
- the project company on the syndicated funding of a 20MW solar power farm in Jordan;
- a Qatari financial institution in relation to a $75m inter-bank loan from a U.S. bank; and
- a Middle East bank in relation to the restructuring of $4.5bn syndicated and bilateral facilities provided to a regional conglomerate.
Eversheds Sutherland LLP assists clients in the public and private sector with a range of regulatory investigations, from employee misconduct to criminal investigations. Rebecca Copley heads the practice and has expertise in dealing with regulators on cases with allegations of non-compliance. Clint Dempsey is another point of contact and heads the banking and finance practice. On the junior end, associate Gillian Flannighan is noted and is praised for her ‘brilliant work-ethic‘.
Eversheds Sutherland LLP advises a range of domestic and international banks and has expertise in assisting clients with both the borrower and lender side. The practice has a strong focus on the renewable energy space and is regularly instructed by developers and lenders. Practice head Clint Dempsey focuses on project finance, trade finance, real estate and development finance and Islamic finance.
Eversheds Sutherland (International) LLP demonstrates strong capabilities acting for borrowers and lenders on a myriad of complex shari’ah-compliant and conventional finance transactions. Its work in this space spans areas such as real estate finance, project finance, syndicated and bilateral loans, acquisition finance, trade finance and asset finance. Elsewhere, capital markets transactions are another key driver of mandates, as are fund structurings. Doha managing partner Dani Kabbani has been active in the local market for 25 years. Dubai-based partner Clint Dempsey is the overall head of the banking practice in the Middle East.
- Banking and finance: Financial services regulation - United Arab Emirates
- Banking and finance: Corporate finance (including Islamic lending) - United Arab Emirates
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution: compliance and investigations
- Real estate
- Banking and finance: Financial services regulation
- Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution: arbitration and international litigation
- Infrastructure and projects (including project finance)
- Intellectual property
- Banking and finance: Corporate finance (including Islamic lending)