Peter Scurlock > Eversheds Sutherland (International) LLP > Birmingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Eversheds Sutherland (International) LLP Offices
115 COLMORE ROW
- Firm Profile
- Go to...
Peter is a partner in our litigation and dispute management practice group. He specialises in non-contentious construction and engineering work, advising clients on procurement strategy and contract issues. Peter has considerable experience in advising on major engineering and construction projects and is experienced in using all of the major contract forms, including the FIDIC, JCT, NEC, MF/1 and IChemE forms as well as bespoke framework and alliancing agreements.
Peter's recent experience includes:
- advising RWE Npower on four onshore wind farm projects, including Little Cheyne Court, and the major new offshore project at Gwynt-y-Mor;
- advising National Grid on a major new emissions reduction contract and several pipeline installation contracts;
- acting for RWE Npower in relation to the development of a CHP plant;
- acting for Centrica in relation to a major offshore wind farm project;
- advising Severn Trent on biomass and wind projects;
- and acting for Hammerson plc in relation to a series of retail park developments.
Peter has recently advised Birmingham International Airport in relation to the extension of Terminals One and Two and has prepared bespoke construction contracts for Centrica, Mitchells & Butler, Taylor Woodrow and Wilson Bowden. He has also acted as the lead construction advisor in relation to the flagship Mailbox and Fort Dunlop developments in Birmingham.
Peter is recognised in both Chambers and Legal 500 and recently won the Solicitor of the Year Award at the Birmingham Law Society Awards.
West Midlands > Real estate > Construction(Leading individuals)
Fielding a ‘strong, partner-led team‘, Eversheds Sutherland (International) LLP is consistently engaged on a myriad of commercial and infrastructure-driven projects, both regionally and nationally. Non-contentious practice co-chair Peter Scurlock is highly experienced in high-value project procurements, most notably in the renewable energy and commercial development sectors. Co-chair David Jones is noted for the depth of his expertise in utilities engineering, working with a diverse roster of industry stalwarts on multi-billion pound investments and strategic alliances. Many of the firm’s real estate developer clients turn to Richard Hartigan for support in complex mixed-use projects within the West Midlands and beyond. Principal associate John Batten routinely leads on nationally-significant energy infrastructure developments. All named lawyers are based in Birmingham.
- Leading individuals - West Midlands > Real estate > Construction
- Construction - West Midlands > Real estate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Birmingham
- Real estate > Commercial property: Birmingham
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Birmingham
- Employment > Employment
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Employment > Pensions
- Real estate > Property litigation