Amy Sadro > Eversheds Sutherland (International) LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Eversheds Sutherland (International) LLP Offices
1 WOOD STREET
- Go to...
Amy is a Principal Associate in the Environment, Health and Safety Team.
She acts for organisations across a number of sectors including aviation, manufacturing, construction, leisure, healthcare and transport. Amy previously worked for the Health and Safety Executive.
She acts for organisations and individuals following an (often fatal) incident at work investigated by regulators including the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), Office of Road and Rail and Local Authorities, providing advice on the Inquest process, criminal prosecutions, trials and sentencing hearings.
Amy's experience includes:
Acting for an organisation assisting the Coroner in the Inquest into the deaths following the Manchester Arena terrorist attack;
Acting for a leisure company following two separate fatal incidents in its swimming pools;
Acting for a wind energy company prosecuted following the fall from height of an employee;
Acting for a Contracts Manager prosecuted following a fatal incident off Regents Street in London, heard at a two month trial at The Old Bailey; and
Acting in the biggest corporate manslaughter case following the Gleision Mining disaster, successfully defending the mining company of four counts of corporate manslaughter.
Amy has undertaken a number of holistic reviews of health and safety for organisations seeking to make proactive improvements in their health and safety management systems.
Amy has an active practice in environmental law and acts for water companies following pollution incidents.
Amy also provides non-contentious health, safety and environmental compliance advice to organisations on a range of issues.
Amy has written articles on incident response, directors' responsibilities and gross negligence manslaughter. She has also spoken at a number of training events and conferences.
Amy is the Vice Secretary of the Health and Safety Lawyers' Association.
Lawyer Rankings(Rising stars)
Eversheds Sutherland (International) LLP handles regulatory defence work for clients in sectors such as manufacturing, construction, energy, leisure and education. Areas of expertise include manslaughter offences (including corporate manslaughter), criminal and regulatory investigations, inquests, fire safety offences and Office of Rail and Road investigations. Tim Hill has extensive experience with energy, chemical and high risk manufacturing clients; he jointly heads the team with Kevin Elliott, who provides strategic advice and developed the firm’s Compliance Review product. The department offers a growing proactive consultancy service, which includes policy development, behavioural review and general compliance appraisal. Principal associate Amy Sadro and senior associate Sarah Valentine are also recommended.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Public sector > Education: institutions
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Fintech
- Public sector > Education: individuals
- Employment > Health and safety
- Corporate and commercial > VAT and indirect tax
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: lower mid-market deals, £50m-£500m
- Employment > Pensions (non-contentious)
- Employment > Pensions: dispute resolution
- Corporate and commercial > Private equity: transactions - mid-market deals (up to £250m)
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Transport > Rail
- Industry focus > Retail and consumer
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Public sector > Administrative and public law
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- Risk advisory > Data protection, privacy and cybersecurity
- Public sector > Education: schools
- Corporate and commercial > Equity capital markets - low-mid cap
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition: trade, WTO anti-dumping and customs
- Investment fund formation and management > Hedge funds
- Public sector > Infrastructure (parliamentary)
- Public sector > Local government
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Property finance
- Investment fund formation and management > Real estate funds
- Investment fund formation and management > Retail funds
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: premium
- Real estate > Construction: contentious
- Real estate > Construction: non-contentious
- Employment > Employee share schemes
- Employment > Employers
- Industry focus > Energy and infrastructure
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: contentious
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Infrastructure (PFI and PPP)
- Insurance > Insurance and reinsurance litigation
- Insurance > Insurance: corporate and regulatory
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Investment fund formation and management > Listed funds
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment (including media finance)
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Power (including electricity, nuclear and renewables)
- Insurance > Product liability: defendant
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Dispute resolution > Public international law
- Dispute resolution > Tax litigation and investigations
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation: investment and retail
- Real estate > Commercial property: development
- Real estate > Commercial property: investment
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Finance > Derivatives and structured products
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: non-contentious/regulatory
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Oil and gas
- Risk advisory > Regulatory investigations and corporate crime (advice to corporates)
- Industry focus > TMT
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Environment
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Finance > Acquisition finance
- Finance > Corporate restructuring & insolvency