Tom Bridgford > Eversheds Sutherland (International) LLP > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
Eversheds Sutherland (International) LLP Offices
70 GREAT BRIDGEWATER STREET
- Go to...
Tom is a Partner and head of the Commercial group in Manchester which has won the Manchester Legal Awards “Commercial Team of the Year” for four consecutive years. Tom is ranked as a leading individual in the Northwest by Legal 500.
Tom was a pioneer of BPO outsourcing in the 1990s and has a wide ranging practice, specialising in IT procurement, outsourcing projects, high value contractual arrangements, franchising and complex supply chain issues.
He has particular expertise in the following: technology; franchising; chemicals; financial services; hotels/leisure; logistics and warehousing.
Recent experience includes advising:
- an insurance broker on a £400m business processing outsourcing deal;
- a global agro-chemicals business on a number of related strategic long term and high value supply agreements in Italy, Canada, the USA, the Netherlands, Mexico and Brazil as part of a global disposal;
- a high street bank on a £150m applications maintenance and development outsourcing;
- an international chemical business on a £1bn of supply agreements in territories including UK, Belgium, Germany and Switzerland;
- a supplier on complex strategic outsourcing of client card production, embossing and personalisation and printing of statements;
- on a £75m logistics outsourcing deal;
- an airline on a £200m outsourcing project for airline services;
- H20 on a £100m outsourcing deal with Thames Water.
Tom has developed an international training programme for clients on managing risk and maximising value in contracts which is very popular with clients.
Legal 500 states that Tom is “brilliant”.
Listen to our podcast: Brexit –planning for uncertainty - "What if?" has become "what now?".
The UK’s momentous vote to leave the EU marks the dawn of an unprecedented period of uncertainty for business. Whilst the precise nature of the UK’s future relationship with the EU and the impact this will have on business and trading arrangements is currently unknown, it is generally agreed that there are five models for the future UK/EU trade structure post Brexit. The impact each of these models would have on business differs significantly.
Contractual risk analysis and Brexit proofing for your IT and Outsourcing arrangements - Guiding businesses through Brexit
View, share or download the Eversheds Enhance brochure
View, share or download the "Eversheds guide to commercial contracts across Europe" brochure
Download the European commercial agency guide
Eversheds Sutherland (International) LLP handles technology contracts, cloud computing procurements and agile software development agreements for clients in the energy, retail, utilities and financial services industries. Practice head Tom Bridgford and Richard Jones,who also leads the firm’s international payment services group, focus on regulatory issues within the financial services arena. Richard Hill was promoted to partnership in May 2021, specialising in large-scale technology outsourcing arrangements, cloud deals, software contracts and data security matters.
Michael Birchall sits at the helm of an expansive roster of specialised practitioners at Eversheds Sutherland (International) LLP. Alistair Cree focuses on high-value M&A transactions in the aerospace and defence sector, while Daniel Hall has a wealth of experience in advising public and private companies on acquisitions, public bids, disposals, joint ventures and fundraisings. Private equity work is a cornernstone of Elizabeth Tindall‘s practice. Legal director Jamie Partridge is noted for his corporate finance expertise. On the commercial side, Kuljeet Gill and Tom Bridgford the key contacts.
- Corporate and commercial: Manchester - North West > Corporate and commercial
- Hall of Fame - North West > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- IT and telecoms - North West > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Public sector > Education
- Employment > Employment
- Employment > Pensions
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Real estate > Property litigation