Ben Wood > Eversheds Sutherland (International) LLP > Leeds, England > Lawyer Profile
Eversheds Sutherland (International) LLP Offices
- Go to...
Ben is a Partner in Eversheds Sutherland's top ranked education team who advises educational establishments on governance and employment matters focussing on boardroom disputes, relationships with funding bodies and senior staff issues. Ben trains governors and senior managers of educational institutions covering a wide range of topics including: governance models, managing conflicts of interest, whistleblowing, performance management and restructuring. Ben regularly attends DfE lawyer meetings and is a school governor. Ben has experience of representing education clients in employment tribunals over many years. His contentious workload includes unfair dismissal, whistleblowing and discrimination cases.
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
Eversheds Sutherland (International) LLP houses a team of ‘first class’ lawyers who act for both large corporates and public organisations. The group leverages its international footprint to advise on global employment and immigration issues, including specialist advice on European Works Councils and global trade unions; practice head Paul Cotton is an expert in these areas as well as advising on boardroom exits and disputes. Tribunal advocate Simon Rice-Birchall is ‘utterly outstanding’, specialising in complex discrimination cases. It also fields a dedicated higher education practice, with Christopher Mordue and Ben Wood advising several universities and sixth form colleges.
- Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire - Yorkshire and the Humber > Employment
- Next Generation Partners - Yorkshire and the Humber > Public sector > Education
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Public sector > Education
- Employment > Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Employment > Health and safety
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Pensions
- Real estate > Property litigation